Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    VAG don't provide them, they provide a wiring diagram with socket numbers.
    Ahhh I thought you might have them I have an ecu guy coming tomrorow to remove the ecu and bench test it and see if its faulty. If not I'm down to finding a faulty wire apparently I need to start at the wire that connects the T30 relay to the ecu but no clue which pins to which

0 0 0

2. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    ECU bench testing is a waste of time and money, I don't trust any of them even Bosch themselves in Germany with their own test and repair service, they have still let me down. ECU's rarely fail although I had two last week.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ECU bench testing is a waste of time and money, I don't trust any of them even Bosch themselves in Germany with their own test and repair service, they have still let me down. ECU's rarely fail although I had two last week.
    So the ecu guy is pretty confident after looking at the car and plugging it in that it isn't the ecu at fault here as the car wouldn't run for as long as it does and once it's started and faults cleared if you turn it off and turn it back on again it starts just fine. So thinking a damaged wire or maybe dart strap somewhere on the car.

This is a pain

0 0 0

4. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I have tried two used ECU's for the A4 I am fighting and both had different faults to the original...

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have tried two used ECU's for the A4 I am fighting and both had different faults to the original...
    If it makes you feel any better I'm struggling to find an auto electrician in my area with availability

0 0 0

6. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Car electrics are getting out of control, we are fighting problems with 14 year old designs where the parts are going obsolete and used part’s won’t work… what is going to happen with the cars being made now when they are 15 years old and the security systems lock anyone out who isn’t authorised by VW? There is a new feature called SFD for anything new model post 2020 that even stops you replacing the rear pads unless you are SFD access cleared with two factor authentication password one time access codes and SFD 2 is coming… I want to retire.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Car electrics are getting out of control, we are fighting problems with 14 year old designs where the parts are going obsolete and used part’s won’t work… what is going to happen with the cars being made now when they are 15 years old and the security systems lock anyone out who isn’t authorised by VW? There is a new feature called SFD for anything new model post 2020 that even stops you replacing the rear pads unless you are SFD access cleared with two factor authentication password one time access codes and SFD 2 is coming… I want to retire.
    Quick update...

Still no further forward. Replaced 2 relays under the dashboard that an auto electrician said is common on them but still the same fault urgh.

0 0 0

8. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spud72UK View Post
    I have the same by the sounds of it on our 2007 1.9 TDI Golf plus, immobilisers and battery light only when I try to start it (cranks but doesnt fire) fans come on at full speed. Occasionally will start and drive ok. Swapped relay 100 with a known good one and the same results. Fingers crossed that it is a broken wire. Some times after leaving ignition on for about 30 seconds the relays click and it can be started.
    -
    Had to take mine to our local friendly garage as I couldn't sus out the problem as it was very intermittent - mine turned out to be an bad ECU unfortunately (luckily they managed to get a 2nd hand one) - All sorted thanks to A & T Automotive in Woking Surrey.

0 0 0

9. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I sent the first replacement ECU to ACTronics for testing as it only had the one repeat code for the manifold but it came back as OK so now the finger of suspicion points to the FEBI replacement manifold which would be highly unusual so what to do? Do I try Pierburg or genuine only to get the same result as my gut instinct still says ECU?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112