Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    A Golf 6 type 5K1 473 with a CFFB engine, LTE DSG gearbox, built 14-01-2010 and a 2010 model in A7W Reflex silver. This car has the "E-box low" SB fuse/relay carrier with positions for two relays A1 and A2. A1 is the J317 terminal 30 relay (i.e. main power) and A2 has a metal bridge across the power terminals.

According to ElsaWin the relay in position A2 (the J317) should have the control group number 458 printed on top and according to FI Suggestion on ETKA it should now (or replaced by) 644 and VAG part number 4H0 951 253 which is green and £20.68 from VAG dealers/TPS. A control group 100 relay is a 7M0 951 253 A and is used in position A2 on petrol engined models, however I took this picture of a 2009 Golf 6 ebox with the 2 Litre CRTDI engine

The J317 relay is activated by the engine ECU at pin 86 with a negative signal and at pin 85 it is provided with power from fuse SB10

The J317 provides power to fuses SB 13, 22, 15, 21, 24, 23 and 14
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Spot on all of that. It too had a 100 marked relay.

No earth trigger from ecu. I've had a look at the harness and doesn't seem to have any damage. Could this be a sign the ecu is headed for the bin? I'll check sb10 again.

Any solutions better than rerouting earth trigger and feed to the battery?

I was hoping to find a switched live etc but as you know the ecu disconnects the obvious ones on cranking

0 0 0

3. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You need to access the ECU (which is a pain), release the chastity belt and disconnect the large 94 pin plug and test the continuity of the tiny 0.35mm CSA black/grey wire at point 69 (T94/69) to the 86 socket on the SB plate.

I did a 2010 CAVD 1.4 TSI today and this is the SB plate with 100 relays, the CFFB should have the 458/644 relay

This car has, I suspect, a faulty ECU in that it is not driving the N249 valve correctly and it has been "got at", no longer virgin territory.... if you know what I mean....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone for this thread.
    I've just repaired my 2010 a3 with the help of this thread. The grey/black relay control wire was broken about 6" down the SB harness. Mine was chaffing ever so slightly against the battery tray.
    Air filter housing, airbox, battery, battery tray, SB fusebox split to gain access.
    Soldered the connection back together with heatshrink to protect.
    About 1-2 hours work depending on working speed.
    Autoelec by trade so know how these kind of things can stump you and be time consuming.
    Strange thing was I had comms with engine ecu but diag snapshot showed no terminal 30 power but in effect this should be terminal 15 ignition supply.
    Screenshot_20191004-150250__01 | Mike Ure | Flickr
    IMG_20191004_134632 | Mike Ure | Flickr
    IMG_20191004_134609 | Mike Ure | Flickr
    IMG_20191004_134621__01 | Mike Ure | Flickr
    https://flic.kr/p/2hs29QX

0 0 0

5. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By any chance did your fans come on full speed with ignition on after couple seconds ? Glow light stays on no comms with ecu? I was getting comms then I didn’t , had a motor flap fault code so changed that and also a ecu short to ground fault now no comms at all to engine ecu. Same when checked with multimeter I get power to relay etc but no switched signal from ecu . Sorry for bringing up an old post just it all seems relevant and thought best kept in one place as was previously stated
    Last edited by Lainy00000; 11-10-2020 at 08:27 AM.

0 0 0

6. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The fans coming on shows the controller knows or thinks the engine is running but it is not receiving a temperature signal from the ECU so it assumes the car is overheating and puts the fans on at full speed; it is very annoying when working on one with an ECU feed problem so I pull the fuse. What car do you have?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi crasher thanks for replying, it’s a 2008 Audi A3 se with a 1.9 bxe engine , everything in this thread seems to be exactly the same as the problems I’m having and have checked everything now apart from the black and grey wire which I’m on today as just got ecu out last nite due to them anti tamper screws taken the mick haha. I’m not great with electrics but managing to do everything else mentioned so far . When I did get a connection the fault was manifold flap or motor no signal and then was no communication to ecu / short to ground. . Thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also forgot to mention it connects to all other controllers through vcds just not the ecu one now. If I removed sb24 fuse and cycled ignition off and on a couple times I could then hear the pump kick on and knew car would start but then that stopped working too . Also swapped over the manifold swirl flap motor and no more code so just the ecu short to ground.

0 0 0

9. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So turned out mines was an ecu issue it stopped sending signal, replaced ecu all working again but see what you mean about them grey and black wires although mines was in pin 67 not 69 of the t94 plug, pin 69 had a yellow and purple wire in it also had two grey and black wires

0 0 0

10. Re: No power to the ECU 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Awesome thread, Ive PM'd you Lainy

0 0 0

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast