Notices

User Tag List

Thread: How reliable is the Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI S Line S Tronic Quattro 5dr ?

1. How reliable is the Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI S Line S Tronic Quattro 5dr ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I'm thinking about buying an Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI S Line S Tronic Quattro 5dr

This is quite pricey for a 6 year old car (£15K ish). It has a full service history with an Audi garage. One lady owner and about 65000miles.

I'm a little concerned that after 6 years there may be some major issues that might crop up; like problems with transmission etc, which could cost an arm and a leg to sort out

On 'Which' the Q5 seems to be mid-table regarding reliability; not the best, but also not the worst.

Any feedback would be appreciated (common problems etc).

Cheers

Jamie

NB: I currently have an A6 and have had three A4 previously.

0 0 0

2. Re: How reliable is the Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI S Line S Tronic Quattro 5dr ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The main issue with the TFSI is the oil problem... Very well known and debated thru the forums. I have one from 2009 with 75000km, that consumes around 1l/3000km. They claim that is normal !!!! The manual says 1l/1000km to be normal, so .....
    Apart from that only minor issues : back door from passenger side, sometimes doesn't open from outside; the door switch from the fuel needs to be changed (original lasts 4/5 years only); lock switch from driver's side (the switch work but light doesn't come on, so when the system reaches auto lock you ear the sound trying to lock the doors... But they already are locked).
    Apart from this 5*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Thumbs up Re: How reliable is the Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI S Line S Tronic Quattro 5dr ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PauloJS View Post
    The main issue with the TFSI is the oil problem... Very well known and debated thru the forums. I have one from 2009 with 75000km, that consumes around 1l/3000km. They claim that is normal !!!! The manual says 1l/1000km to be normal, so .....
    Apart from that only minor issues : back door from passenger side, sometimes doesn't open from outside; the door switch from the fuel needs to be changed (original lasts 4/5 years only); lock switch from driver's side (the switch work but light doesn't come on, so when the system reaches auto lock you ear the sound trying to lock the doors... But they already are locked).
    Apart from this 5*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Great feedback

0 0 0

4. How reliable is the Audi Q5 2.0 TFSI S Line S Tronic Quattro 5dr ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks , useful to know speaking as a 2.0 TFSI owner.

I have the Q5 SE edition. It is my first 4x4 , I come from a 2008 A6 3l Tdi Quattro.

I must say I am finding the Q5 quite fun to be in the drivers seat.

The motorway economy is pretty good so far. And the turbo does not take long to kick in at all. Having said that mine is a 2015 model , your 2l Tfsi may be different.

Can't comment on reliability yet of course.

0 1 0