Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I have my 2.0l ultra BE just a year and according to the long term trip computer it's telling me my average over the 25000 kilometres I've done is 41mpg.

This figure seems very low so would be interested to see how others have performed.

Kevin.

Kevin

0 0 0

2. Re: Ultra fuel consumption 1 year in 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It really depends on soooo many variables including driving style, journey profile, temperature, use of ancillaries, wheel and tyre size, loading of the car, auto or manual etc......

In general terms once would have to say that 41mpg average over a year for a 2-tonne car doesn't seem that bad given that it will include warming up periods and urban driving (probably).

However, trip computer 41mpg is probably nearer 36-37mpg in real life as it is optimistic by more than 10% in my experience with several VAG cars.

0 0 0

3. Re: Ultra fuel consumption 1 year in 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EssexGonzo View Post
    It really depends on soooo many variables including driving style, journey profile, temperature, use of ancillaries, wheel and tyre size, loading of the car, auto or manual etc......

In general terms once would have to say that 41mpg average over a year for a 2-tonne car doesn't seem that bad given that it will include warming up periods and urban driving (probably).

However, trip computer 41mpg is probably nearer 36-37mpg in real life as it is optimistic by more than 10% in my experience with several VAG cars.
    Your right so many variables although my last car was a golf gtd and was considerably higher. I know it was a fair bit lighter though.

The 9l/100km wasn't to bad in my old 335i after all...

Kevin

0 0 0

4. Re: Ultra fuel consumption 1 year in 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Getting 44 out of my old inefficient dinosaur. Went to today for a run and returned 47 over 80 mixed miles.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

5. Re: Ultra fuel consumption 1 year in 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just passed 9000 miles today since picking car up on 1st September (Ultra S Line S Tronic). Averaged 53.4mpg according to display but mostly motorway/dual carriageway miles. I've checked consumption manually a couple of times and I'm happy that DIS is less than 1mpg out. On the one hand I'm happy enough with this mpg but on the other I averaged 50mpg over 98k in previous manual C6 2.0 tdie so not much of an improvement .... although hardly run in at 9k and 'winter' mileage so may improve in next 6 mths.
    2.0 TDI Ultra S Line S Tronic 2015, Daytona Grey

0 0 0

6. Re: Ultra fuel consumption 1 year in 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    my A6 2.0 tdi fuel consumption didn't improve until around 40 K

Really improved at 50 K though
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

7. Re: Ultra fuel consumption 1 year in 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had my BE Ultra Manual since end of March last year. Done just under 12000 miles and averaging just over 49mpg. Did 16000 miles in my old C6 2.0 TDIe avant over 2 years and got 40 mpg average. Can't wait for the summer hoping to see somewhere close to the 70.6 mpg Audi claims on a extra urban cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Audi A6 2.0 TDi Ultra Black Edition Saloon - Ibis White - Lunar Silver - S-Line Sports Suspension - RS6 Wheels

0 0 0

8. Re: Ultra fuel consumption 1 year in 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Had my last fl ultra s tronic for a year and 18k and average over that was around 52mpg. This was mainly my 60 mile commute each way of 90% motorway and the rest A roads. Seen it hovering around 57 in the summer.
    My 272 managed around 44mpg on the same commute. Now I don't work that far away the long term average over the last 6k is around 40mpg but this has a lot of town driving.
    2015 272 saloon Fl, lighting pack, 19" 10 spoke alloys, electric boot, memory seat with folding mirrors, tech pack, silver leather interior and privacy glass.

0 0 0