Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Really need help with this.

I bought a tow bar and Westfalia dedicated electrics for my 2015 Audi A4 Avant S-Line B8 (Definitely 2015 model not B9 2016 model). Tow bar was an absolute dodle to fit. Took about an 90 minutes to fit.
    The dedicated electrics are another story. The destructions say.
    Installation Instructions
    Remove the rear cover on the black fuse box (fig. 1/5) and open the purple catch. Insert the following wires in the respective fuse chambers: -
    Red wire into chamber 2 A.
    Red/blue wire into chamber 3 A.
    Red/black wire into chamber 4 A.
    Problem is that the car doesn’t appear to have the fuses labelled A (See photo below) The other fuses shown on the diagram below can be seen, so where do Red, Red/Blue and Red/Black wires connect?
    Perhaps chamber 2,3 and 4 refer to the fuses in position B (See photo).
    21. Close the purple catch on the fuse box and replace the black cover.
    22. Insert 15 A fuse provided into fuse position 2.
    23. Insert the 20 A fuses provided into fuse positions 3 and 4.

IMG_0266.jpg

Only for A4 Avant: Unclip the red fuse carrier (Fig. 1/6) from the bracket and detach the black cover. Open the violet locking mechanism by sliding it
    Problem 2,- I don’t have a Red fuse carrier
    28. Lift off the violet frame and remove the 15 A fuse from fuse position 8.
    29. Release the black/red cable from the fused side of the fuse chamber 8 A and insert it into the 1-pin housing on the cable set.
    30. Insert the black/red conductor (within the 12-conductor cable set) into the fused side of the fuse chamber 8 A.
    31. Now close up the open 1-pin housing.
    32. Close the violet locking mechanism on the fuse carrier, press on the black cover and clip the fuse carrier back into the bracket.
    33. Re-insert the 15 A fuse into fuse position 8 and snap the violet frame back into place.

Really hope someone can help
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: PROBLEM - Fitting Westfaliia Dedicated electrics to Audi A4 B8 2015 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello.
    For the fuses:
    Red wire into fuse #2 pin.
    Red blue into fuse #3 pin.
    Red black into fuse #4 pin.

The only difference for the 2012 onward models including q5's is the small black/red cable. Your car is newerand does not have the red fuse holder.
    You have to join the single red/black cable (westfalia loom) to the small gauge black cable (pin 22) of the EPB. The Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) module is located just beside the fuses in the r/h. This small gauge black wire is a +12volts after ignition. It kind of wakes up your trailer module when the ignition is turned on. You have to cut off the terminal crimped on the red black cable of the westfalia loom. Then you have to join it to the car black wire (pin 22) with the vampire crimp supplied (i honestly soldiered and heat shrinked mine 2 inch away from the plug).

Then coding time using vcds:

In order to code properly (for newbies), ignition on, handbrake on, engine off, and a battery charger on is best. My car being different and newer (2012 facelift) it coded slightly different than what I could find online:

[19 - CAN Gateway]->[Installation List]->Tick 69 - Trailer (I have done this one first as it will ad the trailer module to the canbus system.)

[01 - Engine] NOT DONE AS I DONT HAVE THE DOUBLE FAN OR HEAVY DUTY ALTERNATOR
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 4, Bits 0-3 Changed from 0011 to 0100

[01 - Engine]
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 5, Bit 4 Changed from 0 to 1
    (via check box "Trailer Installed" in VCDS)

[03 - ABS Brakes][Security Access - 16] (Enter code presented by program)
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 1, Bit 7 Changed from 0 to 1
    (via check box "Trailer Hitch Installed" in VCDS)

[09 - Central Elec]
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 18, Bit 5 Changed from 0 to 1
    (via check box "Trailer Hitch Installed" in VCDS)

[10 - Park / Steer Assist] NOT DONE AS MY CAR DOES NOT HAVE IT
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 0, Bits 0-3 Changed from 0000 to 0001 [Trailer Hitch Not Installed to Trailer Hitch Installed (Manually Removable) via pull-down list in VCDS]

[5F - Information Elec] NOT DONE AS I ONLY HAVE CONCERT RADIO
    [Coding - 07]->[Long Coding Helper]->Byte 10, Bit 5 Changed from 0 to 1

[69 - Trailer] I think it is byte 1, you have to pick within 3 choice of location for trailer set up. It must have something to do with the trailer lights. Being in Ireland, I picked "Rest of the World".

Then i bought the towbar holder 8T0 011 213 B for €13 in Audi and now it fit snug beside the spare wheel.

0 0 0