Quote Originally Posted by AllotmentChap View Post
S7 Edge confirmed as working. Place orders at will.

I've just set it up, connected via rSAP, and works a treat (as expected). Car has full data access to the SIM, and Google Maps, online destinations etc all work. Lovely.
I have an A8 W12 from 2008 and an S7 (normal, not edge). RSAP woirks great, although pairing requires a 12 digit number

BUT it only remembers the PIN for about 15 minutes!

So every time I get in the car I have to .. wait for the console to open and finish warming up, say Yes to pair, say yes to the 12 DIGIT pin, type that into my phone and wait for the pairing to finish. Only THEN can I drive off. Otherwise I have no pairing or I get 'not possible whilst moving' from the safety police on screen.

Oh, and if I ignore it I get a modal (ie you can do nothing until you've answered it) question asking if I want to pair my phone on RSAP. But as I'm now driving I can't say Yes (or you get the 'not while driving' message) and if I say No it waits ten seconds and bloody asks me again

It is REALLY getting on my nerves. What was one of the best features of the car is now the most annoying

tom