Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    **2nd UPDATE**

Car has been into Audi. They explained the procedure if the car fails consumption test, they need for a week etc.
    They sent me off in a 15 plate A4 TFSI S Line whilst they did some things to my car.
    They kept my car for an extra day then gave it back to me saying go drive it round until the oil warning message comes on.

What could they have done to fix it in the 2 days they had it ? Thicker oil ?
    Last edited by SeGMENT; 21-03-2016 at 10:20 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    new oil breather, software update, oil drained and a measured quantity of oil put back in. drive your car, i noticed the harder i drove the car the faster the oil disappeared

just to let you know, i also got a major service and a 3 year service plan ontop for free when i had my rebuild

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    **3rd UPDATE**

Car failed consumption test and arrangements have been made for the work to be done to fix the issue.

They told me that the procedure is to replace the pistons & rings and they will need the car for a week. I will be sent off in a courtesy car, so of course I requested an RS4, lets see what happens there

Doesn't sound like I'm getting a brand new engine at this point but I cant complain as none of this is costing me any money. Would be super nice if they dropped a brand new engine in it for me though.

I'm getting excited now and I have to say I've been treated very well by Audi up to this point, the free valeting of the car every time it goes in is a nice touch as well, I shall keep this thread updated as and when things happen.

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,
    I lately have had my A4's engine rebuilt with my expense.
    No attention from Audi AG or Audi Turkey! 3 days ago I took the car from service after rebuild, in 2 weeks.
    Now I prepared a campaign by a video below to protest the approach of Audi Turkey. They are still earning money due to their own manufacturing fault! Imagine that situation? The money they requested is not only the bare cost of rebuilt actions! This is bullst!
    Here is the link of my video and campaign: AUDI'ye Protesto: Motor YaÄŸ Yakma Sorunu / Protesting AUDI: For Engine Oil Burning Issue - YouTube

LG-D855 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I bought my 2010 2.0TFSI Avant in April from an independent garage. It had 54k and full Audi service history. In May I noticed it had a drink problem; like a litre in 300miles!**
    I put it in to Audi Hereford for the a service and oil consumption test. I started the test on a Thursday and called the the dealership late Friday to say I wasn't going to make it to Monday and still have oil in the engine. They fixed me up with 17plate A3 at short notice. It failed the test, and has continued to fail so they have taken it back in (2 weeks ago) for an engine rebuild, during which I have been tootling round in a 16plate A6. I am due to get it back later this week. All being done as a goodwill by Audi UK.

** The way it smokes after a long period on overrun and the wet, clean oil in the pipe between intercooler and inlet manifold suggest it's the turbo or turbo bearings gone. However who am I to turn down a free engine rebuild. And I have a warranty from the garage that covers turbo :-) :-)

0 1 0

6. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    More like excessive blow by to me

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Why would the conrods need replacing ?
    MK6 Golf SE 1.6TDI 105bhp winter pack ,sunroof , full size alloy spare wheel, flat tyre indicator
    Skoda Octavia II SE 1.9PD TDI
    VW 1302LS Beetle Karmann Cabriolet 1971 1584cc

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vwcabriolet1971 View Post
    Why would the conrods need replacing ?
    TPI 2026749/9 states that the pistons, rings and rods should be changed and the only explanation they give is "unfavorable tolerances on certain engine components"

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Would that be to do with using sintered rather than forged rods maybe ?

0 0 0

10. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    They are still cracked cap sintered, you have to break the rod at the fracture point to use it.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast