Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markp306 View Post
    So, what you might need is a 2012 facelift / 8.5 model....much better bet in my experience.
    Im not sure what that is ... Can you provide me with an example please ?

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeGMENT View Post
    I cant find another to replace it with, its such a lovely car.

You have given me something to consider, I will phone Audi tomorrow and see about getting a consumption test done.

Even though my car has warranty from dealership (12 months) they do not want to enter into a world of repair, its refund or takes your chances.

I don't mind paying a few hundred quid towards a £5K repair but is the repair enough, has any other damage been done ?
    Is the CAT screwed ?
    Is the turbo screwed ?
    Etc
    What damage is being done by all this oil burning off ?

That's my sticking point .... ?

when you phone just tell them you're car is drinking oil like no tomorrow, they will book you in for a free oil consumption test, car valet and like a 40 point car inspection.
    you get a audi guarantee on the work done if you get a rebuilt/new engine.

this is a well documented problem that is all over the internet with the 2.0 tfsi engines. america won a class action lawsuit against audi and have all been fixed for free.
    if you have a full audi service history you will get yours done for free, so you wudnt need to return the car back if you didn't want to

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a full Audi service history so will pursue the route of trying to get it fixed.

What part of the country are you in ?

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you will have no problem getting it fixed for free then the audi customer service i received was one of the best I've ever had, there was no need to fight my corner, they just advised and told me the worst case and best case scenarios. even helped sorting out the bill and getting it straight to the garage i bought it from. car was in straight away after it failed its test.

I'm from newcastle, car has went into Newcastle Audi.
    work takes about a week to do, and you get a free courtesy car of audi while the works being done so your not inconvenienced in any way too!

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That sounds good, I'm a bit further down south from you so unfortunately wont be same garage.

When you say they helped sort out the bill, are you saying that you paid 10% and the garage where you bought your Audi from paid the rest ?

I've been told by the dealership that they wont pay for repairs at all, its refund or nothing.

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its a £5000 repair

if you have full audi service history you pay £0, audi uk pay for it all

if you have part history (like me) audi uk pay 90% and customer pays 10% - but with me owning the car for 2 weeks, the garage paid for it, no fuss or quibble too

by the sounds of it, the garage mustn't of had much mark up on the car, either that or they think they are facing a £5000 repair bill themselves, strange that they just want to fully refund you straight away though and not attempt to see what the outcome of the problem will be

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeGMENT View Post
    Im not sure what that is ... Can you provide me with an example please ?
    have a look at Audi's used cars web site. The external visual clues include restyled lights, but it will be any model built in the last 4-ish years, from a 12 plate (maybe some 61s too).
    A5 (Cabriolet) 2.0 TDI 177PS S-Line - Scuba blue, Technology pack (high), B&O soundsystem, Bluetooth (low), Heated seats, Autoglym life shine.

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markp306 View Post
    have a look at Audi's used cars web site. The external visual clues include restyled lights, but it will be any model built in the last 4-ish years, from a 12 plate (maybe some 61s too).
    Ok I see what you mean, sorry I thought you meant facelifted older cars.

The 12 plates are outside my current budget, I would like to go for a 10 plate S4 after this 2.0 TFSI but its not gonna happen this year.

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Smith View Post
    its a £5000 repair

if you have full audi service history you pay £0, audi uk pay for it all

if you have part history (like me) audi uk pay 90% and customer pays 10% - but with me owning the car for 2 weeks, the garage paid for it, no fuss or quibble too

by the sounds of it, the garage mustn't of had much mark up on the car, either that or they think they are facing a £5000 repair bill themselves, strange that they just want to fully refund you straight away though and not attempt to see what the outcome of the problem will be
    Today I will make inroads into getting it fixed.

Im still interested to know what damage this oil burning is doing to the rest of the cars components though.

0 0 0

10. Re: A4 excessive oil consumption, piston rings really ? ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    **UPDATE**

Phoned Audi UK this morning and dealt with someone who was aware of this issue. They told me I would need the consumption test doing and it wouldn't cost me any money. Transferred me to my local dealership who were very helpful at this stage but thought I should be paying, a quick reminder that I wont be paying and then the arrangements were made for the car to go in. Its going to be a few weeks yet as I wanted a temporary car whilst they have mine but the ball is now rolling

I drove it to work this morning thinking what a great car it is and I really hope they put a new engine in it as that would be like Xmas

0 1 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast