Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Guys,

I've recently ordered an A6 Avant 2.0 s-line quattro and the waiting is killing me!

There's a few questions I could'nt find an answer yet:

- is the Chris Knott gap insurance (£185 for 3yrs) similar in cover with the dealer's "asset protection" (£440 for 4yrs)? The dealer's cover is "return to invoice".

- is the £250 "body and interior protection" from the dealer worth anything? Otherwise the best I've found is a Gtechniq Crystal Serum Lite with EXO plus full wheels plus full windows protection, at a professional detailer, worth about £750. Has anybody tried that? Their portfolio looks stunning: Portfolio

- I'm tempted to add the tech package advanced, mainly for the colour DIS and the adaptive cruise. I wish I could just order those two from the list... But is the package worth £3500? (probably not.. but it's a heart not a mind decision )

- Are the 20" rotor wheels much harsher on the ride? (vs standard 18"). I like how they look but all net reviews seem to advice to avoid big wheels ..

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
    Collected! now enjoying: A6 Avant 2.0 TDI S line Quattro, Dakota grey, black alcona leather, matt brushed aluminum inlays, tech pack advanced, pan roof, park assist, lighting pack, front heated seats, tow bar

0 0 0

2. Re: New A6 Avant on order - a couple of questions in preparation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Can't answer all, but the standard option 'tech pack' has the colour screen between the clocks anyway, including the higher res pop-up screen. Tech pack advanced has more features but the screens are the same with sat nav available in-between the clocks

Quote Originally Posted by John Rotaru View Post
    Guys,

I've recently ordered an A6 Avant 2.0 s-line quattro and the waiting is killing me!

There's a few questions I could'nt find an answer yet:

- is the Chris Knott gap insurance (£185 for 3yrs) similar in cover with the dealer's "asset protection" (£440 for 4yrs)? The dealer's cover is "return to invoice".

- is the £250 "body and interior protection" from the dealer worth anything? Otherwise the best I've found is a Gtechniq Crystal Serum Lite with EXO plus full wheels plus full windows protection, at a professional detailer, worth about £750. Has anybody tried that? Their portfolio looks stunning: Portfolio

- I'm tempted to add the tech package advanced, mainly for the colour DIS and the adaptive cruise. I wish I could just order those two from the list... But is the package worth £3500? (probably not.. but it's a heart not a mind decision )

- Are the 20" rotor wheels much harsher on the ride? (vs standard 18"). I like how they look but all net reviews seem to advice to avoid big wheels ..

0 0 0

3. Re: New A6 Avant on order - a couple of questions in preparation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I've got GAP from CK and one of the key things I noticed is that it was transferable when I sold/replaced the car.
    I've got the "flyer" in front of me and they provide two types:

Valuation GAP cover from Chris Knott Insurance pays thedifference between the insurer’s settlement and the value
    of your car at the start of the cover period.

Combination GAP cover from Chris Knott Insurance pays
    the difference between the insurer’s settlement and
    either the price you paid for your car or the outstanding
    finance (whichever is greater) so you can get a new car.

The £250 in my own opinion is NOT worth it. Usually the people putting it on are the Audi "valeters" who make a hash of it with swirl marks etc.
    You'd be much better off either doing it yourself or getting a detailer to do it for you for not much more than the £250
    Check detailingworld forums to find an approved one near you if you can't do it yourself. I had my C6 done by a detailer and then looked after it after that myself having got myself a DAS-6 and more bottles of stuff + pads than I want to think about. The C7 I am doing it myself as I'm now more experienced on the how and what to use/where.

I have the tech pack which gets me the full colour DIS and bigger MMI screen but not the adaptive CC. I had it on a loaner and it was a bit too much gimmicky for me.

The 20" rotors is where it gets interesting. Both C7's came with 18 and 19" alloys. With the 18's, I just was not happy with the drive having come from a C6 with 19". I couldn't put my finger on it but it was to do with tramlining. I then drove a brand new C7 with the same 18" and same issue. Back in the C6, issue has gone.
    Had a long chat with a master tech and he mentioned that it was indeed the wheels. So to put it to the test, I drove a black edition C7 with the rotors and the ride instantly became "normal".
    I since got hold of genuine rotors + have them on the C7 and have no issues at all.
    Is it harsher ? Yes but not by much.
    Is it more planted? Yes def! Not to mention it does the car so much more justice in looks.

I also got wheel/tyre insurance just to be covered for pothole/scuffs etc because I believe the rotors are diamond cut so much more difficult to get refurbed?
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

4. Re: New A6 Avant on order - a couple of questions in preparation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had my first drive on 20'' wheels today and found them fine and they defo give the car more presence on the road.

You will not be disappointed when you get your car, I can promise you that and yes I feel your pain with the wait.
    A6 BiTDI S line Avant, Kingfisher blue

0 0 0

5. Re: New A6 Avant on order - a couple of questions in preparation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a high milage company car driver - so have no real interest in the GAP.

My company might be interested as I'm now on my second Facelift Black Edition due to the first being written off (it was hit by an 81 year old whilst parked up along with an A4 Avant and a Saab 93). Having had to order a factory build to replace to replace it I had the opportunity to re-spec.

I have not gone for the tech pack on the second one. The Colour DIS between the clocks is great, as is CONNECT but I don't miss it that much and couldn't justify the cost / tax liability.

The 20" Rotors give a firmish ride, not a firm as previous A4 S Line running 19's. I do around 35,000 miles a year and have no issues with 20's.

One thing I have added is the Lighting Pack. It gives the interior a massive lift at night adding ambient door card lighting, footwell lighting, active door reflectors, puddle lights and LED's within the door handles (external). I think you get a fair bit for what it costs.

I also squeezed in the S Tronic box. No regrets there!

Hope this helps. Enjoy the wait.
    2020 B9 A4 Avant Black Edition S Tronic
    2016 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition S Tronic | 2015 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition - S Tronic
    2012 B7 A4 Avant SLine |2008 B7 A4 Avant Sline | 2008 VW Golf PD150 GTI | 2007 VW Golf PD150 GTI
    2004 B6 A4 Avant Sport | 2000 A3 1.8T Sport | 1983 VW Golf GTX

0 0 0

6. Re: New A6 Avant on order - a couple of questions in preparation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your replies!
    - I've decided to use Chris Knott combination gap cover for 3 years at £185
    - I've decided to call a local detailer for Gtechniq new car protection with wheel armour and leather guard (waiting for a quote, should be around £500)
    - Added the tech pack advanced as I'm very interested in the ACC function
    - Standard 18" wheels for better confort and peace of mind (scratches can be refurbished easier -- my wife WILL drive the car )
    Collected! now enjoying: A6 Avant 2.0 TDI S line Quattro, Dakota grey, black alcona leather, matt brushed aluminum inlays, tech pack advanced, pan roof, park assist, lighting pack, front heated seats, tow bar

0 0 0

7. Re: New A6 Avant on order - a couple of questions in preparation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm at "Preparation" stage in youraudi - one step forward

Strangely I received 4 emails about stage 2 (order received) - "I'm pleased to tell you that our factory has provisionally scheduled the date of week commencing Monday 14th March 2016 to begin production. "
    .. But no emails about entering stage 3.

Also in the email they say Monday 14th but on the website they say it will begin construction on the 7th. The dealer said week 11.

I like the manufacture videos - I've visited Toyota Derby as a contractor and marvelled at what it takes to assemble the cars on a line. Quite complex system where everything is delivered right when it's needed to keep stock (and inventory costs) at a minimum.

So far I've been planning to get:
    - retrofit rear cup holders (asked a friend for a quote for the parts)
    - car boot liner with bumper protector
    - whispbar aluminum flush bars
    - privacy shades
    - boot interior light upgrades
    - key cover(s)

Already thinking of tyres - I find the Michelin CrossClimate quite interesting, but not on 245/45/18 size unfortunately. Anything else similar?

0 0 0

8. Re: New A6 Avant on order - a couple of questions in preparation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rotaru View Post

The only people telling you not to get 20s are those people that didn't get them because they were extra.

The car feels great on them. Planted but not harsh or crashy over poor surfaces.

If you drive a car with them, you will see this within 1 mile.
    A6 Bi Turbo (320PS) Black Edition, Techno pack, Matrix lights, heavy right shoe. Sept 2015.

0 1 0

9. Re: New A6 Avant on order - a couple of questions in preparation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Picked this up today, first ever ride on 20inch. Absoluteley loved it….

imageaudi.jpg

0 3 0

10. Re: New A6 Avant on order - a couple of questions in preparation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great looking car - enjoy!!
    A6 BiTDI S line Avant, Kingfisher blue