Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I want to upgrade the exterior lights in my car and I have come across a seller called Ultra-hids. They seem to sell all sorts of car parts are and they're willing to provide a supply and fitting + coding service which is imho quite rare. Just wanted to know whether anyone has used this ebay seller before and whether the quality is on point? Also any opinions on the lights below would help.

They're located in Bradford and i'm Birmingham so it will be quite a trek to get there.

headlights:
    GOLF MK6 VI DRL BI XENON HEADLAMPS GTD R20 GTI DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS HEADLIGHTS | eBay

rear lights:
    VW Golf GTD GTI R20 Rear Lamps LED Tail Lights R MK6 RHD L LIGHTS Harness | eBay

Cheers,

PureWolverine

0 0 0

2. Re: Exterior Lighting Upgrade Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My only concern about any after market HIDs are cost of replacement - how much are the replacement bulbs and how quickly can you get them?

I've had HIDs before and they worked to a point - Full beams would kill the main headlights and I had to cycle the lights to get them back on - then they overloaded the wiper motor (not sure how and it might have been an odd coincidence, but hey-ho). They might end up being an exercise in futility - but then again, that was only my experience.

The LED rears seem pretty expensive though - and the front lights in the link above are no longer available.
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi SE: Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package, Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system, Debadged
    Previous: VW Golf Mk6, 2009, 2.0 TDi GT, Candy White, Luxury pack, 18" Bilbaos, Tyre Pressure Monitor - VW Passat B6, 2005, 2.0 TDi SE, Metallic Navy Blue, Front/rear sensors, chrome grille, black leather

0 0 0

3. Re: Exterior Lighting Upgrade Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for replying James. I had some HID in my old corsa and it seemed to be okay, but then again it didn't have a canbus system.

I was planning on getting 2 sets of bulbs so if one went, i had a direct replacement for them and then i'd go buy another set.

The headlights will probably get re-posted as the seller has an actual store there.

What would you say was the 'normal' going rate for after market tail lights as they seem in line with what other ebay sellers are selling them at?

0 0 0

4. Re: Exterior Lighting Upgrade Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No worries - It was just a bulb (and ballast) swap but it just didn't seem a stable solution to me. I ended up buying some uprated normal bulbs and that was brighter and more stable.

I'm not sure on cost, but the fronts cost me £75 about 7-8 years ago - Rears, I'm just not sure what the cost would be.
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi SE: Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package, Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system, Debadged
    Previous: VW Golf Mk6, 2009, 2.0 TDi GT, Candy White, Luxury pack, 18" Bilbaos, Tyre Pressure Monitor - VW Passat B6, 2005, 2.0 TDi SE, Metallic Navy Blue, Front/rear sensors, chrome grille, black leather

1 0 0

5. Re: Exterior Lighting Upgrade Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what bulbs did you go for in the end? I had some narva intense blue ones in my corsa and they still had a tinge of yellow. Might have been to do with the power going to them though.

I think the HID's with the headlights i linked to above worked out to be about that mark too. I do like the DRL on the headlights. Might just have to get them and put some uprated bulbs in there.

0 0 0

6. Re: Exterior Lighting Upgrade Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went for Nightbreaker Ultimates in the dipped and Philips Blue Vision Ultra in the sidelights.
    More than bright enough.

ffk1.jpg3onk.jpg

Light goes further than the photo shows.
    2016 Audi A6 Avant 2.0 TDi Ultra Black Edition
    2010 Golf Estate 1.6 TDi Bluemotion Tech Sportline

1 0 0

7. Re: Exterior Lighting Upgrade Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for those james, they were really helpful. I think i'll be getting myself some of those. Did the lights always look that colour at any point in the day or do they get more of a crisp white when it gets darker? I've noticed on some cars that they look yellowish during the day and then at night look white

0 0 0