Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWORDFISH View Post
    You're being a wuss!!! Top down whatever the weather!!!

too right.... then you can test the REAL air flow.... you go fast enough the rain should not get you!! ... then you hit a traffic jam and look an idoit!! LOL!! roof up to hide!!

I love it!!

RickT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GurnyGub View Post
    I live in one of the mildest parts of the UK, Gulf Stream, palm trees etc., like Tresco with Guinness! Parky today though. Yep, new leather jacket, new gloves, new scarf (with wire insert) rarin' to go.
    Neh...you were exactly right about those dealers, sheesh.

I know your area well (my wife comes from a place between Downpatrick and Seaforde) and whilst it's mild it can't half rain a lot... Suggest a new anorak as well!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porker View Post
    I thought it was the law ! No rain = roof down. Defo going to join that club
    Quote Originally Posted by SWORDFISH View Post
    You're being a wuss!!! Top down whatever the weather!!!
    Better get some RainX for the flying goggles then

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neh321 View Post
    I know your area well (my wife comes from a place between Downpatrick and Seaforde) and whilst it's mild it can't half rain a lot... Suggest a new anorak as well!
    Neh
    T'other side, I'm right on the lough shore up the little 'main' road from Portaferry to Newtownards, made for a V6! We intend to 'do' your east coast in the spring and check out those winds.
    Porker
    Tallyhooo!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Neh
    T'other side, I'm right on the lough shore up the little 'main' road from Portaferry to Newtownards, made for a V6! We intend to 'do' your east coast in the spring and check out those winds.
    Porker
    Tallyhooo!

Beautiful area. Love going over on the ferry from Strangford. Absolutely ideal Eos country! Lucky you!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Neh,
    We sold the local pub last year, so it's permanent holidays for us. Loved the tv series 'Coast' and intend to tootle around the quiet bits, if there are any left!
    Cheers,
    John

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Neh,
    We sold the local pub last year, so it's permanent holidays for us. Loved the tv series 'Coast' and intend to tootle around the quiet bits, if there are any left!
    Cheers,
    John

There are indeed some quiet roads around here. It was Jeremy Clarkson who said he knew where the best driving roads in England are: "Just drive towards Hull then turn left". He was right, but I was a bit cross that he told the world about them as they're mine! The coast is generally quiet if a little unspectacular until you get just north of Bridlington, where there are the highest cliffs in the UK.

My father-in-law used to have a pub in Newtownards - the Huntsman. Perhaps you know it?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Neh,
    Yeah I know the pub, but was never in it (too busy!). I seem to remember it was owned by a blonde lady, Maureen (?) whose husband died young. Don't know now. I owned one in the middle of the country between Portaferry and Kircubbin. 21+ years there, closed Christmas day only, so the Eos represents freedom!
    John

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i love how this thread has turn out!!

match makers... i see.. lol

Thanks to all who have inputted

RicKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I notice DVLA have put VW 07 EOS up for auction.....Missed a trick there didn't they !! I know a man..................

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast