Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Service History/Schedule discrepancy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I called up a dealer to inquire about a new car, having provided details of my car for p/x I was advised that it isn't coming up as having a full service history as it should have had its first service within two years or 19k whichever comes first?

dealer said its not an issue for them, I assume they want the business, however its an issue for me,

on the MyAudi portal it details longlife service and oil change 12/4/14 - 27906mi, I'm more then annoyed about having found this out and gone back to the dealer where I bought the car and awaiting their feedback to see whats going on, having bought the car from approved audi I though it would have met all the service history criteria, and for another approved audi dealer to highlight this as a possible issue has confused me totally,

I can only see this being a bigger issue way down the line if I keep this car long term

any thoughts of who is correct in this?
    Audi A7 (2012), Black Edition 245 PS Tiptronic, Phantom Black

1 0 0

2. Re: Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm so confused by what you've said.

What's the issue, the fact that the car missed its first service? IE it wasn't serviced until 2014 (2 years) instead of being completed at 19k miles?

When did you buy the vehicle?

Did you check the service history prior to purchase?

0 0 0

3. Re: Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    yes I guess the issue is the 1st service is over by 8900miles and this is affecting p/x value and potential warranty issues down the line.

I bought the car in august 2015 at 31000 miles, from sytner and checked what works had been completed and mileage verified,

awaiting feedback from sytner now

0 0 0

4. Re: Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AK88 View Post
    yes I guess the issue is the 1st service is over by 8900miles and this is affecting p/x value and potential warranty issues down the line.

I bought the car in august 2015 at 31000 miles, from sytner and checked what works had been completed and mileage verified,

awaiting feedback from sytner now
    Did you check the service history prior to purchase?

0 0 0

5. Re: Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Yes, saw that it was serviced at 2yrs but wasn't aware at the time there was a mileage limit also, my assumption that cars stocked would meet all the criteria was obviously very wrong

0 0 0

6. Re: Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I would agree with you that Audi approved cars should meet their service criteria. As detailed on the website. I would suggest Sytner may have breached consumer law and you paid more for the car than it was worth and should be compensated. You could advise them that you are going to trading standards and the motoring press.
    When they give such assurances its only correct you can assume they are legitimate in these circumstances. Why else pay Franchise dealer prices for a secondhand car.

Service History

We will provide you with a service history certificate at the time of vehicle handover, detailing all routine servicing work that has been done by the Authorised Audi Centre network.

0 0 0

7. Re: Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dghdgh View Post
    I would agree with you that Audi approved cars should meet their service criteria. As detailed on the website. I would suggest Sytner may have breached consumer law and you paid more for the car than it was worth and should be compensated. You could advise them that you are going to trading standards and the motoring press.
    When they give such assurances its only correct you can assume they are legitimate in these circumstances. Why else pay Franchise dealer prices for a secondhand car.

Service History

We will provide you with a service history certificate at the time of vehicle handover, detailing all routine servicing work that has been done by the Authorised Audi Centre network.
    I find it best to open a dialogue with the supplying dealer before we try to damage their reputation and would advise against opening that dialogue with a threat of trading standards and/or the media - it's never helpful to begin with hostility.

The quote you've provided above regards the service history doesn't appear to have been 'breached' - the issue here is that the service (although completed) was completed at the 2 year/time interval instead of the 19k/mileage interval where it ought to have been.

I'm not familiar with audi approved and what their assurances are in regards to service history but I'm keen to learn of Sytner's response - OP?

1 1 0

8. Re: Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    To be fair I would agree, however the question of integrity has been laid wide open within VAG.

The one car in question is not the issue, its more about standards, process and procedures. VAG should be transparent and willing to accept critic. I hold VAG in high regard believe it or not and it important the entire industry not just VAG start to increase trust.

I would imagine most consumers accept mistakes have and can be made but its how the industry reacts. If a provider makes assurances and charges a premium because of this, it in only correct the consumer should have faith in the contract. If the service history did not meet the manufacturers requirements it can not be open to debate. Plush service areas, sales people making claims and nice modern buildings are the top of the pyramid, quality service, high quality products and trust are the foundations.

As a group the car in question should have been accepted by the retailer as meeting the standard for the question of price and any loss passed onto the original retailer without question. VAG should be carrying out quality audits as a matter of course but an incident like this should instigate a more detailed investigation into the franchise in question.

The question is can consumers trust VAG. The answer is found in how they deal with this, treat it as a one off without looking further would not instil trust but look deeper and be transparent would. In the long run its about more than one customer.

0 0 0

9. Re: Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dghdgh View Post
    <SNIP>The answer is found in how they deal with this, treat it as a one off without looking further would not instil trust but look deeper and be transparent would. In the long run its about more than one customer.</SNIP>
    I agree but unless the OP updates this thread with their response, there's not a great deal any of us can do - it's all hypothetical unfortunately.

0 0 0

10. Re: Service History/Schedule discrepancy? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Very True. Not decrying the op but when you ask for help you should let people know the out come, but I accept people have busy lives, I am sure he will get round to it.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast