Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Was out in the car last night, foot down and not very much happened. Still accelerated (still goes to redline so confirming it doesn't 'seem' like a limp mode really where i understand it would keep revs low?) , but not like usual (not holding me into the seat if that makes sense). Car off and on again No joy. No warnings etc.

The car is remapped and uses a Bluefin Map, so I removed this, test drive and car seems standard, been so long that i drove without the map, its hard to tell of any difference with standard but its definitely still slower without remap than with remap and current problem combined but i can tell its not right. Remap installed again, and the car its usual 'urgency' straight off and before turbo, you can tell it 'wants' to to go even if revs at idle if that makes sense (for those of you with similar setup)...but doesn't seem anywhere near as eager after the initial 'here we go, get ready sort of feel) before the power really starts around 2k all the way to the end of the range, it goes to end of range but not like it did..

I would say has its urgency as soon as peddle is slightly pressed then a slow gain until 3k where it starts to pull a little (like its trying). I'd say about 20% down on power and more on torque (atleast). I am thinking air system as its like its struggle to breath if I can describe it like that.

Google and searching here, ...MAF. Is it worth me disconnecting the sensor for an easy test? Some are saying it will raise a warning light and this will persist on the dash until cleared - i dont want this for the obvious reason if there is an underlying issue that I am not currently aware of, i wont spot this if light is already on? Oddly enough, the car was down to less than 5miles tank at the weekend and was half filled with Tesco's diesel hich I have never used. Clutching at straws a little and just lookign for a reason I guess, surely wouldn't make that much difference?

The car is going to Aberdeen (from Nottingham) in 2 days and I am going to struggle to get this hooked up to any diagnostics/slot at a garage. Any thoughts on MAF removal to test if its that, please? Will the car go into permanent 'limp' mode until cleared? i could do with going to Aberdeen at a speed greater than ~40mph if the MAF removal causes issues after reinstalling it Also opinions on returning the car to standard for its drive to Aberdeen until diagnosed? (any point?) Car is 70k miles and I got it remapped at 40k 18months ago. Presumably if something serious like turbo, i would already know about it? Wonder if its a dodgy pipe somewhere, will check later...or at least what i can anyway.

Car has never missed a beat, had cambelt (and water pump) done, all serviced 6months ago, only issue was the EGR(?) valvle blocked 1 week after i bought it and was coked up stalled at busy roundabout and was an AA job. Back to dealer and the car had covered only 200miles in a year before I bought it Cleaned and motorway blast and all good....until now. Any other easy things I could try before I chance the drive in 2 days

Cheers all!
    Craig.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2010 Passat - low power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still googling (dont have car until later today), but my Bluefin handset 'might' read codes for me, will have a nosey later....

0 0 0

3. Re: 2010 Passat - low power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by craigc1976 View Post
    Still googling (dont have car until later today), but my Bluefin handset 'might' read codes for me, will have a nosey later....
    Dunno whether you can achieve much in the two days you need it before your trip. But the Derv heads in here really need at least a VCDS Autoscan posted to see what's being reported. Write down at what miles, date and time, you felt the loss of power (but not limp mode?) That'll help match to what date/time/mileage stamps on the Autoscan's text file.

Feels from your post your fault is Turbo related. Didn't you use a kerbside installer originally for your flash? Being Bluefin I assume it's Superchips. They usually have diagnostics at least. OK, chargeable but in two days?

You havn't said what engine code you've got, or its miles.

Here's a VCDS locator. Expect they'll be someone in Notts that can get to you in time. And do an Autoscan for beer tokens
    This is the URL:
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ms...5cfcb6158e0447
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

4. Re: 2010 Passat - low power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Richard,

Thanks for responding, I dont have the engine code handy but will get it later. As above its ~70k miles currently. Good shout on the locator, will try and shout there and see whats possible.

I was hoping you wouldnt say 'turbo', out of interest, you don't sound like you think its MAF related ~(appreciated I don't have codes/minimal info at this stage...will kater hopefully).

Cheers!

0 0 0

5. Re: 2010 Passat - low power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Not a Derv head here, or a mechanic. 2.0L tFSI (BWA) is mine and what I've been learning up on since joining the forums.
    But sure, you can unplug the MAF to see whether there's any difference in performance.

Also a hard reset could help (guessing): switch to IGN only, disconnect both battery cables, touch together the cable terminals and hold for a few moments, re-connect.
    Proper VW method of connection/disconnection is: Turn the ignition on and disconnect the -ve (must be first disconnected and last connected). Leave the key where it is because the ignition is supposed to be on when you re-connect too. You'll get some icons on dash -- ESP and steering -- but they'll go out after a few mins driving

0 0 0

6. Re: 2010 Passat - low power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dropped Crasher a PM and will see if he is able to help, if not I can try the above later.
    Why do these things happen 2 days before you go on a long trip rather than 2 weeks before? Cheers!

0 0 0

7. Re: 2010 Passat - low power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher, if you are reading this, would you mind PM'ing me please? I sent you a PM, but my sent items shows no PM Not sure what's happened.

Thanks very much in advance,
    Craig.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2010 Passat - low power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unplugged MAF and didnt change anything, coils flashing on dash but thats it, possible slight improvement (if). If it didnt actually make things worse is that good in the sense that it should have done (ie could still be MAF)? Cheers

0 0 0

9. Re: 2010 Passat - low power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    you need 10 posts before you can pm someone, stops spammers you see, so crashers not being rude, just not seen your pm. but you need a code read before anything else, and thats what crasher will tell you as well. hes in your village, you are better off making a trip to him at C&R Enterprises, seeing if he can sort it out for you in your time frame.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 1 0

10. Re: 2010 Passat - low power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No worries, didnt think he was, thought it was a prob with messages, thanks for replying

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast