Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Everyone,

I had a look through the forum already but couldn't spot any posts which matched the exact issue I have. If I am wrong and someone could point me to a post that would be great! :-)

The car is a 2007 V1.2 Polo SE, has around 50K miles on the clock and I have owed it for 3 years plus. It came from the factory with key operated central locking and it’s a five door. Up until 2 weeks ago life was good. From either the passenger or driver’s door I could lock/unlock all doors and the boot. The problem is the driver’s side, when the key is entered it only unlocks the driver’s door. If I use the passenger door all doors and the boot unlock and lock from the key. When I lock the Drivers door it only locks the driver’s door and it doesn't activate the little red security light either, the one which is beside the pop up/down button when you lock/unlock the car. When locking from the passenger side this LED comes on and blinks/flashes as normal.

Interestingly the push button/switch on the driver’s door can unlock and lock the whole car suggesting some of electrical cables from the driver’s door into the car appear to be OK. Another point of interest is the front electric windows have also stopped working at exactly the same time. Whether I use the single switch on the passenger door or either of the dual switches on the driver’s door I can't get the windows to go up/down. The rear windows are mechanical/wind-up. As I mentioned for the last two weeks it has not worked, I thought initially a fuse had blown but it all sprang to life for a day before failing suggesting a loose connection or water ingress and not a blown fuse.

Any ideas on where to start before I pull the car apart? :-)

Thanks very much in advance for any input offered.

Best regards

Alan

0 0 0

2. Re: Polo 2007 9N3 - Central Locking & Electric Windows - Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Check the wiring loom between drivers door and the A pillar.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

1 1 0

3. Re: Polo 2007 9N3 - Central Locking & Electric Windows - Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, did you get this sorted. im experiancing exactly the same problems on an 06 polo 9n3, thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: Polo 2007 9N3 - Central Locking & Electric Windows - Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have checked the fuses, and the wiring from the a pillar to the drivers door is undamaged, if that assists

0 0 0

5. Re: Polo 2007 9N3 - Central Locking & Electric Windows - Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewyzfr6 View Post
    i have checked the fuses, and the wiring from the a pillar to the drivers door is undamaged, if that assists
    To be honest a few things have arisen over the past couple of weekends which have prevented me from having a proper look. Also here in Scotland the wet weather had for a while disappeared and everything appeared to be working. The wetter weather returned and the issue arose so it is pointing to an electrical connection getting water where it shouldn't.

Does your issue come and go?

0 0 0

6. Re: Polo 2007 9N3 - Central Locking & Electric Windows - Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Andrew,

Have you got any further?

I have checked the wiring from the door to the car. Removed in inner door card and inspected all connections, cables and still no further. When I removed the inner door card there was no evidence of water ingress at all but without drilling out all the rivets I can't see what it is like inside the door. I have noted that on warm dry days everything seems to work again and on wet days its stops which suggests water getting in somewhere. What is strange is any time it fails if I disconnect the battery for 20-30 minutes and reconnect everything works for a short period of time regardless of the weather! It therefore suggests a "power off/on" is resetting a electronic module somewhere.

I don't care at all about the central locking but with the summer months approaching and no air con it could be uncomfortable if I can't get the windows in the front working...

Cheers

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by andrewyzfr6 View Post

0 0 0

7. Re: Polo 2007 9N3 - Central Locking & Electric Windows - Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you managed to fix this issue as I'm have the exactly the same issue with my 05 plate vw polo.

0 0 0

8. Re: Polo 2007 9N3 - Central Locking & Electric Windows - Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello All,

I finally got to the bottom of the issues I was having, the fix for me was replacing the window motor. To summarise my issues were;

• Only drivers door unlocks from that side with key, but interior light doesn’t come on.
    • If all doors unlocked, only drivers door locks from drivers side with key and no alarm LED.
    • All doors unlock from passenger side with key and interior light comes on
    • All doors lock from passenger side, alarm LED on drivers side lock button flashes and interior light goes out.
    • All doors lock and unlock using internal button on drivers door card
    • Electric windows do not operate from drivers door switches
    • Passenger electric window operates from passenger side switch

It transpires for my Polo variant this is more than a window motor, it appears to be a controller also. The door latch wiring connects to it and a second wiring loom from the window motor goes off back to the main body of the car.

I believe it passes the current door status info from the door latch back to the main convivence unit. The local dealer wanted £190 for a replacement part, they also had a few in stock so this suggested to me it was a common fault. I went to my local scrap yard and they had a few Polos, I had a look at a 2008 Polo but its window motor was of a different design, it didn't have the same wiring configuration at the top, it was part number 6Q1959801. I checked a 2006 Polo and result it had the same unit as mine; 6Y1959801. £25 exchanged and I was off back home to fit it. There is another thread on another Polo forum where someone goes into the detail of this unit and how it works but also the reason why it fails. There is a possible repair by fitting a new relay and capacitor so I have kept my original unit so I can repair should I need too.

Hope this information proves helpful.

Cheers

Alan

0 1 0

9. Re: Polo 2007 9N3 - Central Locking & Electric Windows - Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Glad you got this sorted.

I'm helping someone with a window op only issue.

VW Polo 2005 Windows Not Working

I've got the parts and will be replacing them this week.

Apparently, VW have released a fix; there is a suffix (VW4) on the system which is not identifiable on the motor, so we have no way of knowing if a replacement is 1,2...etc.

0 0 0