1. Unhappy dpf regen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Had the dpf light show up again, I took the car down the motorway and kept revs at roughly 3k in 3rd but after 20 mins light was still on. I topped up the fuel to just under half a tank and tried again , this time around 2.5k -3k revs in 3rd and 4th , oil temp at 97 -100 , the light went out.
    I have had this twice in the passed few months and the last oil I put in was mobil1 5w30 vw spec , I think I will now use the cheaper oil maybe from vw themselves and change it more frequently (every 7k) I'm not sure if this was part of the reason the light came on but its worrying. also I must try to keep over 1/4 of a tank minimum , as I've heard that also helps things.

0 0 0

2. Re: dpf regen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Mobil 1 ESP is a great low sulphated ash longlife oil .

Every day someone is having fun with their dpf and have to make an unnecessary journey involving lower gear high revs.

Ash and soot are the ememy , stop or reduce your intake from ingesting exhaust gasses containing soot and ash in the form of egr adaption , holed blank , full blank, egr disable or egr delete.

2 Stroke also helps burn the derv more completely with less smoke recorded in the mot opacity test .

0 0 0

3. Re: dpf regen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply , but I don't feel that disabling the EGR will help matters as the whole ECU system would surely be out. I will just change oil more frequently , just got some quantum longlife 3 from VW today and will change it every 10k maybe less. Also will try keeping minimum of 1/4 tank of diesel instead of running it low. That , combined with a nice boot down the motorway every week must surely help things . Modern engines are designed to make the owners mentally unwell I'm sure.

0 0 0

4. Re: dpf regen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Engine oil changes have relatively little influence on DPF regens.
    What's your mileage and driving profile?

0 1 0

5. Re: dpf regen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I to would be interested in your type of driving. I only drive 13 miles to work and then 13 back and never seen my light come on. I know my car does successful regens as I now can tell when the car is doing them not always as its so seamless.

Steve.
    Steve
    2014 Passat Estate
    Executive Style
    2.0 TDI Bluemotion
    Tungsten Silver

0 0 0

6. Re: dpf regen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I use my car for private hire taxi driving so do lots of miles .. not always stop start either .

0 0 0

7. Re: dpf regen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Any fault codes in memory?
    How many miles has it done?

On mine I estimate the DPF will last 200-250k miles, now at around 95k. Well the estimate is from ECU calculated ash load values so might not be 100% accurate.

0 0 0