1. Re: B9 Audi A4 - Audi Sound System 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had a couple of A4's in the past, one with B&O and one without. Unfortunately i have the one with B&O first so with the second one i know what i was missing. There is a big difference in the quality of sound, noticeably the depth of base (even at low volumes) and the surround effect which is superb on the B&O.

Having been in an an A6 of the past few years and moving back to an A4 next week, i had to think long and hard about the expense of the upgrade to B&O which is now part of a Pack which includes extended interior LED's and front and rear parking cameras. Having listened to both again, i agree with your observations and comments above. I think that cost cutting has taken the edge of the standard system. I spend a lot of time in the car so decided it was worth the cost of speccing B&O.

If you are looking to buy second hand B&O should be firmly on your radar.

If you are fortunate enough to be buying new, consider the pack. If you are in to your tunes and spend time in the car i reckon it is week worth treating yourself.

Thanks to those commenting above for getting this 'out there', it is not something many would consider until it is too late and the button has been pushed.
    Last edited by B6Andy101; 10-03-2020 at 11:54 PM.
    2020 B9 A4 Avant Black Edition S Tronic
    2016 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition S Tronic | 2015 FL C7 A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition - S Tronic
    2012 B7 A4 Avant SLine |2008 B7 A4 Avant Sline | 2008 VW Golf PD150 GTI | 2007 VW Golf PD150 GTI
    2004 B6 A4 Avant Sport | 2000 A3 1.8T Sport | 1983 VW Golf GTX

0 0 0

2. Re: B9 Audi A4 - Audi Sound System 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After doing some more research the B & O system is not made by B&O, but by a Polish company who are licensed to use the brand name. Apparently, the B&O system uses the same quality speakers as the Audi system, just more of them to give a better sound stage with a higher powered amplifier. This actually could make sense, since many people who have paid for the upgraded system say it's not like systems that they have previously experienced in older Audi cars. The amplification of the Audi system has to work too hard, that's why the treble is strained and bass becomes muddy before enough volume is created to fill the space, giving a decent sound stage. The best option is to introduce a amplified DSP system into the mix, doing so would allow you to custom tune the speakers to preference. Now, all we need to know is where we can hook the DSP into the system with a pre-made harness so that it is plug and play, anyone have an idea?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12