Notices

User Tag List

Thread: A4 3.0 TDI S-Line Trip computer.

1. Question A4 3.0 TDI S-Line Trip computer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is probably a daft question but I have just bought the above car and it doesn't seem to have a Trip computer. I have had a Golf, an A3 S-Line and another A4 S-Line and they all had computers, is this possible? I don't have the paperwork for the car yet, still at the dealers so I can't refer to the manual. Everything I have ever had before has had a rocker switch on the end of the Wiper stalk and a re-set on the bottom side, display in the centre of the dash. Is it possible someone's changed the wiper stalk for a second hand one form a lesser model, in which case if I got the correct stalk I guess everything woud work? Any advice welcome, cheers.

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 3.0 TDI S-Line Trip computer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    It was an optional extra, you can change the stalk, code the steering control unit and instruments with VCDS to enable the trip but then you'll need ground pin 1 of the blue connector on the back of the clocks as this is the feed for the low washer level sensor which you haven't got.

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 3.0 TDI S-Line Trip computer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, I just thought they all had them. The dash display just constantly shows miles to next fill up. I can't believe what must be virtually a top of teh range car doesn't have it. Great info though so thanks for that, I have VCDS but haven't really coded anything before, just code scans, do you know if there is anywhere with detailsd instructions?

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 3.0 TDI S-Line Trip computer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    There is a guide on here, if you google it i'm sure you'll come across the exact link.

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 3.0 TDI S-Line Trip computer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ideal, cheers

0 0 0

Similar Threads