1. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    With the mileaage you are doing, you will be having 5 oil changes a year which is probably excessive. If you want to do that, you should do the interim ones yourself. Only about £40 for filter and oil.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

2. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    With the mileaage you are doing, you will be having 5 oil changes a year which is probably excessive. If you want to do that, you should do the interim ones yourself. Only about £40 for filter and oil.
    Hi,

I'm doing about 30k, so only 3 oil changes a year. I priced up the oil recently and it was just over £80 for the same oil that the garage use, so for me it made sense to use them.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan2485 View Post
    The 3G MMI is just a lead for the AMI and an enable in the hidden menu.

You just drop the glovebox and plug the 2 cables and just push out the pre cut hole in the top of the glove box for the main socket.

AUDI AMI + iPod iPhone adapter - MMI 3G & 4G - Retrofit -
    Thanks for the link - no price on there for that item at the moment as it's unavailable.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    I do 30k miles a year look at new brake pads each year and two sets of tyres.

Discs will need changing every 2 years.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

5. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I found this post on another thread ref the DAB retrofit - too expensve really...

Quote Originally Posted by Westyfield2 View Post
    That is correct.

To retrofit DAB to a non-DAB MMI 3G+ car there are two options:

1. Buy the Fistune module. It fits in the boot rack and will need its own set of power/fibre connectors (you can tee off from the existing modules). If your rack is already full of other modules, then you're stuffed. Note that whilst the Fistune properly integrates into the MMI, it doesn't have autotuning or multiple DAB tuners like the Audi one does. Cost is about £380
    2. Replace the original Audi AM/FM tuner (bottom row of the rack) with the AM/FM/DAB version that Audi would have fitted if you'd ticked the option. Cost new is about €1200 from Audi. This is actually what the Kufatec OEM kit (£530) and Hazzydayz (£714 fitted) kits are. Presumably they are both cheaper than Audi parts because they're using refurbished equipment or they're factoring in resale value of your original AM/FM tuner.

Note that either way, you also need a couple more pieces than just the tuner. You need the short cable that connects from the antenna in the window to the antenna amplifier. You need the antenna amplifier that gets hidden in the C-pillar (€75 from Audi). You need the Fakra coaxial cable from the antenna amplifier to the DAB tuner. The Kufatec and Hazzydayz kits include all that.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Try eBay and kuftec for the leads they cost around £100.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

7. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan2485 View Post
    I do 30k miles a year look at new brake pads each year and two sets of tyres.

Discs will need changing every 2 years.
    Yeah maybe, although I'm hoping I'm quite light on brakes and tyres - 90% of my mileage is motorway.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jones_g View Post
    Hi,

I'm doing about 30k, so only 3 oil changes a year. I priced up the oil recently and it was just over £80 for the same oil that the garage use, so for me it made sense to use them.
    Ok. I took the mileage from your original post when you stated your commute was 96 miles each way. Big difference! What ok are you paying £80 for 6 l? Opie oils has Mobil 1 (Audi use it for long life) for £33 for 5 litres or £130 for 20l. I have Fuchs Titan GT1 which was about £100 delivered for 20l and is Audi approved (507.00)
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

1 0 0

9. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    Ok. I took the mileage from your original post when you stated your commute was 96 miles each way. Big difference! What ok are you paying £80 for 6 l? Opie oils has Mobil 1 (Audi use it for long life) for £33 for 5 litres or £130 for 20l. I have Fuchs Titan GT1 which was about £100 delivered for 20l and is Audi approved (507.00)
    My commute is only 3 days a week, sometimes less. I think it was castrol edge - 2 x 4L bottles.

0 0 0

10. Re: 2011 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro Special Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Glad it's only 3 days. Must be murder sometimes! I do my own interim oil changes and only takes 20-30 minutes as I use a vacuum. Also lucky that I can use the warehouse at work and we have waste oil containers!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast