Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,

We have a 2012 Golf Convertible.... a couple of days ago ii had a puncture repaired and so got the locking wheel nut key from under the boot floor. When i looked there was water in the wheel well.
    I have dried this up and had a look around and also from water in the side compartment under the roof motor on the left hand side. The water appears to enter here and then move across into the wheel well when driven etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this ?
    There is a vent type thing in the compartment but i am unsure of where this goes or what is vents ?

The is accident free.

Thanks
    Steve

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Convertible - Water in boot 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just noticed water in the wheel well of SWMBO's convertible too. Could not see where it was getting in from.

Any ideas, anyone?

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Convertible - Water in boot 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    We ended out sending the car back to VW who sorted it under warranty. They said it was a leak in the deal on the right side of the roof and the water was then running across the top of the boot In between the panels and into the left side of the boot.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Convertible 2012 MK6 - Water Sloshing Around In The Boot Water In Wheel Well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On our Golf MK6 2012 we had that, water gets in on the left hand side of the boot, remove the panel on the left hand side of the boot you will see the roof motor, behind there is a black air vent which lets in water.

At the base of the vent is a black plastic grommet, we removed ours and drilled four small holes in it to let the water out in case it happens again. on other forums others are saying the seal around the vent is no good or there isn't one at all. I am not going to take the bumper off to find out.

In the winter of 2018 January and February we heard water sloshing around in the back so we are hoping this is the solution, we also removed the grommet on the right hand side of the boot also and drilled four small holes just in case. That side of the car was dry, on another forum it seems with the Golf Cabriolet and the Audi A3 Cabriolet (Same Car) The A3 Cabriolet has the same problem.

See photos of the the grommet with the holes in, when the rubber grommet is removed it lets the water directly out on to the road, i had a look underneath and water from the road when it is wet should not come back in to the car, if it does i will let you all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie78 View Post
    We ended out sending the car back to VW who sorted it under warranty. They said it was a leak in the deal on the right side of the roof and the water was then running across the top of the boot In between the panels and into the left side of the boot.
    Attached Images

0 1 0

5. Re: Golf Convertible 2012 MK6 - Water Sloshing Around In The Boot Water In Wheel Well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Did this resolve the issue as I have the same in my wife's car, I have completely removed the grommet just recently

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Convertible - Water in boot 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    How do you remove the grommet, I can't get a decent enough grip on it to pull it out

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Convertible - Water in boot 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Small sharp screwdriver poked through and pull down, they are held in by the coating sprayed on, or screwdriver and long nose pliers to pull it out

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Convertible - Water in boot 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks, you referring to the ones on the underside of the sill or the one in the rear corner of the boot area?

The one in the boat feels a hard plastic and isn't covered by any sprayed coating

0 0 0