Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny14 View Post
    You got vagcom; check readiness. Make sure oxygen sensor is ok.
    oxygen sensor is ok.

0 0 0

2. Re: P0401 egr insufficient flow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First sorry that I didn't read your former post. And I'm mot english so it may be difficult to understand me. But I'm just here to help some when I got time.
    I see that you have changed some parts already by suspecting them. You have problem with EGR now. That what you have to consider. Your EGR 99% got fault becoz of unclean fuel. So whenever you change your Egr you should clean cooler metal pipe from EGR to intake. This pipe usually got blocked. Don't go and buy anything before you are 100% sure. Go and make sure your EGR is properly installed and check the cooler and the pipe is totally cleaned.
    Last question, was the former EGR opened? Did you check it?

As a car mechanic, whenever I have this issue, I usually check every air flow system and clean them. Like intake, egr cooler, pipe before new egr.

Goodluck 😊

0 0 0

3. Re: P401 egr insufficient flow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasif Khan View Post
    Can a blockage in the silver pipe that leads up to the egr/throttle body cause this code to come up?
    My answer was in the first page and second page of this thread. The silver pipe CAN get restricted and although a blockage is rare you should still clean the pipe to rule it out. There is also a smaller flow valve at the back of the engine next to the cooler which should also be checked to make sure it opens and closes under vacuum otherwise the flow with be wrong under certain conditions like you will get maximum cooling when the flow is slower and not enough cooling when the flow is faster.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

4. Re: P401 egr insufficient flow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did this problem ever get sorted?

I have 2010 passat CC 105kw TDI - with P0401, originally had a lambda sensor issue, changed the sensor, then got the EGR P0401 error, changed the EGR without Checking anything, Lambda sensor code came back. Had the auto elec check done on the lambda sensor, found that the new one was spurious. Replaced that. Then everything went fine for a week. 100miles later, i have P0401 error on again.

So by reading this forum. Seems like i need to check the EGR selenoid, check inlet flows on the metal pipe from DPF?

I do not have access to a vagcom.

0 0 0

5. Re: P0401 egr insufficient flow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No. Never got it sorted. Best to blank off the EGR and have the car remapped and this code taken out.

0 0 0

6. Re: P0401 egr insufficient flow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does this actually work?

0 0 0

7. Re: P0401 egr insufficient flow 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasif Khan View Post
    No. Never got it sorted. Best to blank off the EGR and have the car remapped and this code taken out.
    Does this actually work?

This is my second Passat CC that is dying on me, my first one was 2009, 170 TDI with 200,000 miles on the clock that had a fuel pressure issue, that no one could resolve...

0 0 0

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567