1. Bio-Diesel anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right, in a month, I get my 1.9 TDI PD 2001 Sport. Only 47k, owned by a friend who loves his car more than his wife (and he loves her a lot).
    I'm excited at the prospect of running Bio-Diesel in it. I've spent many hours now, researching it, especially for this particular car. There's plenty around about other TDIs, but not this one.

Has anyone used Biodiesel in their 130 BHP TDI PD? (from around 2001). What did you find?

If you want to know more, I found http://www.bio-power.co.uk/ a very informative site. It's not just about selling the stuff, the people know what they're doing.

VW in Exeter couldn't tell me if you can use Biodiesel in the car, even after they'd asked around. (there are potentially lots of issues)

I called Bio-Power in Plymouth, the helpful, knowledgable chap knew exactly the engine I had, and assured me that it's fine with bio-diesel. VW aftersales lives up to it's name again!

I just want to here it from some VAG enthusiasts that it's fine.

The idea of paying 15p a litre less than normal is nice, as is being carbon neutral!

P.s. This is a great community on here, well done VWAUDIFORUM.CO.UK!!!
    0 0 0

stevenm Guest
    Check the handbook, I've got a 1997 1.9 TDI there is a section on Bio-diesel in there.

Bio-diesel should be OK, SVO is another story.

Regards

Stevenm
    0 0 0

3. Thumbs up Bio-fuel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been using bio in my audi 1.9 its great more mpg engine quieter but speak to the supplier i use reclamed oil (smells better than diesel but can make you feel hungry)they recomend 65%but if you are using new rape it is ok for 100% untill the temp drops around november then they say go to 50% the only manufactures that have recomended bio areVW AUDI SKODA SEAT from 1990-2004 but i will say again speak to your supplier
    salty
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Salty,
    Have you got a PD engine? What year is it? Mileage before/after using Biodiesel? Did you have to change filters etc...?
    Cheers.

P.s. I've found a supplier that is about to start trading near Exeter in September.
    They are at http://www.turbobits.co.uk/
    0 0 0

5. Bio-diesel Vs regular Diesel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I have bought a VW Passat TDi (1999- V plate) in 1996 and started using bio-diesel from last July. After using the new fuel for few weeks I noticed that the car was not performing to its usual standard so, as advised by the bio-diesel retailer, I changed the fuel filter after about 500 miles. Since then the car has been running fine.

From my experience I have noticed that bio-diesel is not as efficient as your regular diesel. Using bio-diesel I get 40 miles/gallon where as regular diesel gives me 50 miles/gallon. This is a big difference; however, because of the price difference bio-diesel is still cheaper per mile. Further, it’s environmentally friendly so I am happy to be using bio-diesel.

I would be interest to find out how others are getting on with bio-diesel.

Cheers,

Mohammed
    0 0 0

Exmouth, Devon, UK. Drives Bonkers Fabia Diesel. Has full VCDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Be very very very careful! The pd130 will not run on a pure biodiesel fuel, and be reliable.... something about the fuel pump type and the general very high injection pressures (something like 20,000psi!) the PD system uses. I know someone using a 25% bio/75% diesel blend with no issues. Due to my engine being highly tuned I refuse to use any bio at all.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Its great to see that people are taking an interest in sustainable fuels. However, if i had a CI engine, i would be very tempted to mix some diesel (between 10-20&#37 in every tank as this thins out the biodiesel and protects your pump and injectors. Bear in mind that diesel is more expensive than bio because it is a refined product with reduced sulphur content and additional additives that protect your engine. Biodiesel contains sulphur and nitrates which cause SO2 (acid rain) and NOx (global warming, although your Cat will help with this). Running on 100% biodiesel may cost you more in a life cycle than a reasonable blend of the 2 fuels.

Please don't think that i'm ranting here. I have an MSc in Renewable Technologies so i'm a reliable source!

Jp
    0 0 0

Exmouth, Devon, UK. Drives Bonkers Fabia Diesel. Has full VCDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Running something like Millers Diesel Power Plus in with a tank of biodiesel, perhaps at double the usual dosage might help too.
    0 0 0

9. Warning about Redline lubricants supplied by turbobits.co.uk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huweth View Post
    I've found a supplier that is about to start trading near Exeter in September.
    They are at http://www.turbobits.co.uk/
    Just a warning about the engine oils and other additives by Redline from the above website - as you may or may not be aware, they have no VW approval (nor any others such as API, ACEA), are only monogrades not multigrades, and therefore should not be used in any VAG cars, particularly PD TDIs.

Rgds
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyone know of a bio deisel seller in northamptonshire?
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast