customers to take advantage of this ecologically
    interesting option at no extra charge.
    For technical reasons, however, Audi must
    refrain from giving biodiesel a company endorsement
    when it launches new products on the
    market. Firstly, compliance with the tightened
    exhaust emission regulations in accordance with
    Euro IV cannot be universally guaranteed due to
    the range of variation in biodiesel quality.
    Secondly, trouble-free operation using biodiesel in
    its pure form in conjunction with modern
    particulate filter systems is technically unfeasible
    at the current developmental stage.
    As regards the TDI models currently in
    circulation (as at February 2005), therefore, EN
    14214 standard biodiesel is only generally
    endorsed for the Audi A2, Audi allroad quattro and
    Audi A4 Cabriolet.
    It is for the reasons described above that Audi
    supports the EU objective of propagating the
    concept of admixtures of high-quality biodiesel to
    conventional fuels and thereby bringing about a
    reduction in CO2 emissions for all diesel vehicles.
    Furthermore, the EU’s stipulation of binding
    targets regarding the proportion of overall
    consumption of biogenic fuels in Europe has
    secured the demand for biofuel manufacturers’
    products.

http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/c....0033.File.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Pete_C View Post
    Hello Snapdragon,
    Q. Do you have a reference where AUDI confirm their support for such BioFuel. It would be v. useful if we do find that the problems are not down to the fuel (which is what I expect to see).

Many thanks

Pete
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Perfect, many thanks Snapdragon... Looking forward to meeting the "head technician later !", particularly as it also includes en12214 fuels on the fuel flap ! Something that has even converted my wife back to the cause . Things are definitely looking up

Pete
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like the way this thread is going...

Everybody knows that it's human nature to fear something you don't understand. Everybody who's seriously looked into BioDiesel knows it fine, but has it's risks (but then so does using any fuel).

Urge your head technician to only give advice on the things he actually knows about. Urge him to read up on the Biodiesel subject. Urge him to lead the pack, rather than just being a corporate sheep.

With regards my Biodiesel use, I expect to need to refuel tomorrow after a totally succesful first tank of Biodiesel (at about 30&#37. The car is still smoother and quieter. The engine appears to be running cleaner, and is no doubt actually cleaner inside. Sub-zero temperatures have not caused me any problems at all.

For the last week I have been itching to need to refuel. I will be making a big deal of it in the school car park infront of as many students as I can gather together. I am preaching BioDiesel in the school I teach at. I've convinced the staff to run all the diesel vehicles owned by the school, and their private cars, on Biodiesel. We will be taking delivery of our first 1000 litres of fuel soon. The children are the future.

Pete, good luck, and do tell us what they say.
    Passat Sport Estate 2001 1.9 TDI PD
    100k miles
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huweth View Post
    I like the way this thread is going...

Everybody knows that it's human nature to fear something you don't understand. Everybody who's seriously looked into BioDiesel knows it fine, but has it's risks (but then so does using any fuel).

Urge your head technician to only give advice on the things he actually knows about. Urge him to read up on the Biodiesel subject. Urge him to lead the pack, rather than just being a corporate sheep.

With regards my Biodiesel use, I expect to need to refuel tomorrow after a totally succesful first tank of Biodiesel (at about 30%). The car is still smoother and quieter. The engine appears to be running cleaner, and is no doubt actually cleaner inside. Sub-zero temperatures have not caused me any problems at all.

For the last week I have been itching to need to refuel. I will be making a big deal of it in the school car park infront of as many students as I can gather together. I am preaching BioDiesel in the school I teach at. I've convinced the staff to run all the diesel vehicles owned by the school, and their private cars, on Biodiesel. We will be taking delivery of our first 1000 litres of fuel soon. The children are the future.

Pete, good luck, and do tell us what they say.
    Why don't you recycle the cooking oil from your school kitchen?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S2AVANT View Post
    Why don't you recycle the cooking oil from your school kitchen?
    I would love to. However, we only have about 60 students, so not much food to cook. Furthermore, our school is not your 'normal' school. The students cook the lunch for everyone, and are extremely health concious. We only ever use oil to fry (onion bajis) about once a term. It's simply not enough oil to be worthwhile, never more than 1 or 2 litres.

If you remember the Jamie Oliver program about healthy eating in schools, you will be shocked to hear that when he contacted us after hearing that the students did our cooking, he decided that we were far too healthy to be realistic in 'normal' schools! I think he should have used us as a role-model for other schools. Visit www.sands-school.co.uk if you're curious.

There is a 1800 student school just up the road. You've given me the idea to go and get their oil to make Biodiesel.
    Thanks!
    100k miles
    0 0 0

sandancer Guest
    Huweth,

Been reading your thread, as I've been considering greener fuels on my 2003 Golf 130 PD TDI currently at 87K. Could you just confirm that you haven't made any modifications (biodiesel based) to the motor. And at what intervals did you increase your % mixture? Are you more regularly changing your fuel and oil filters or leaving as normal?
    Hope you've managed to gather enough oil to manufacture your own, good luck.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What a coincidence you post now, I just walked in through the door after collecting 100litres of Bio!
    I have made no modifications at all to my car. I started off at about 30% Biodiesel, and with each tank added more Bio to the mix until I was at about 55%. On a few occasions I have been at 85% for short journeys to top up with regular diesel. I didn't stay at that ratio for long as it was still winter and I was low on Bio stock. As for the filters, I haven't had any issues yet, so no changes to filters at all. A service is due in 1500 miles, so new filters will go in then anyway. I keep a fuel filter in the boot just incase, but any problems should come in gradually.
    I've recently been on 100% regular diesel for a couple of tanks as I couldn't get to my supplier (too busy). As expected, the problems that the biodiesel had cured came back, and I hope they will go again when I put the Bio in the tank tomorrow.
    My supplier is doing really well, and is currently in talks with a nationwide chain to collect their used oil, which will allow him to employ a person to collect the oil, and mean he goes full time into manufacturing the stuff.
    Good luck.
    100k miles
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2002 1.8t sport estate
    0 0 0

9. Re: Bio-Diesel anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm on board.

I've just got half a tank of BioD from Alchemy in Stone street (off Great Howard Street) Liverpool. Nice Bloke. Showed me the production facility.

Only downside is that he's aiming at business users, so is only open monday to friday 9:30 to 15:30. And he only takes cash.

Prices are reasonable.

I wish I hadn't been told about it being quieter on engine noise, because now I can't decide if it is or just my imagination, but I thought it was a little quieter.

I'll let you all know how I get on and what my MPG is.

I just hope my engine doesn't blow up in a cloud of fish and chip shop smoke.

-AS
    0 0 0

10. Re: Bio-Diesel anyone? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi,whats the cost per ltr at alchemy?its about half hr drive for me,to go out for a re fuel?none in cheshire area at all!dont really want a 1000ltr isotank sat on me path
    0 0 0

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast