Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @Carmadeur,

Check out the videos at the end of my last post "Shared album - Nurchi BECHED - Google Photos"
    If you get a similar behaviour, in my case it was an ECU relay, but I have no part number. If you take it to the shop/dealer, ask them to check that first. In my case, they spent a total of about 4 hours looking for the problem, (but I only paid for 1 hour).

Also check all the fuses (consult the manual for the location, on my C6, they were to the left of the steering wheel).

I haven't got any experience with TDI engines, I never owned one, so this is the best I can suggest.

P.S.
    When I turn on the ignition, I normally hear a sound for about a second or so (possibly a fuel pump). That sound did not come up when the car had this problem.
    Upon diagnosing the issue, almost every "faulty" module had communication error/fault/no comms, or something like that.
    So whatever the relay was supposed to do (power the ECU???), didn't happen, so nothing was communicating, hence everything was faulty.

Hope this helps.

0 0 0

2. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you very much. I changed relay 614 into newer model 644 and all the errors are gone👍

1 1 0

3. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all, I seem to be having the exact same problem, intermittent parking brake and abs failures. Did the original poster ever get a solution. My car is with Audi at moment and they are scratching their heads to what the problem could be?
    thanks in advance

shouldve said my car A6 2007 2.0tdi manual
    Last edited by Graceland77; 19-06-2018 at 04:58 PM.

0 0 0

4. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceland77 View Post
    Hi all, I seem to be having the exact same problem, intermittent parking brake and abs failures. Did the original poster ever get a solution. My car is with Audi at moment and they are scratching their heads to what the problem could be?
    thanks in advance

shouldve said my car A6 2007 2.0tdi manual
    Like I said in https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/172036-Parking-Brake-Malfunction-ESP-EPB-ABS-Car-Wont-Start-SO-MANY-FAULT-CODES!!?p=1073827#post1073827, First check the ECU relay.

What I can say is that at first I used to get ABS and/or Brake fault after a rain (didn't matter if it was rain or if I washed my car).
    Then it started happening more often until it got to a point when the car wouldn't start at all. The crank turned, but since the ECU was not powered, it didn't "talk" to the spark plugs and with no spark, the engine doesn't run (except for diesel, which is your case :P)

Mine is also 2007 A6, but with 4.2L V8.

Can't think of anything else...

0 0 0

5. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for getting back to me, Audi have had my car for a week and haven’t a clue. They first said it was the abs unit and quoted me 2598.00 to replace it. I said the car wasn’t worth it and even if it had failed it would still start. They accepted that they were incorrect quoting that part. Are they deliberately being thick or are they? I have told them about the relay for fuel pump and they are saying they aren’t sure what I mean. Other garages when I’ve asked this week about it do understand the part in question and are shocked that Audi the so called experts don’t know what they are doing! Going to have to ring them back again now as they aren’t calling to say they understand and will fit the part!

0 0 0

6. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceland77 View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me, Audi have had my car for a week and haven’t a clue. They first said it was the abs unit and quoted me 2598.00 to replace it. I said the car wasn’t worth it and even if it had failed it would still start. They accepted that they were incorrect quoting that part. Are they deliberately being thick or are they? I have told them about the relay for fuel pump and they are saying they aren’t sure what I mean. Other garages when I’ve asked this week about it do understand the part in question and are shocked that Audi the so called experts don’t know what they are doing! Going to have to ring them back again now as they aren’t calling to say they understand and will fit the part!
    I meant check the ECU relay first. I am not entirely sure if the fuel pump or its corresponding relay (or fuse for that matter) are at fault. In my case it was the Engine Control Unit (ECU). If it isn't powered, it isn't communicating with anything in the car and hence, no other relays are being turned on.

Check ECU relay first, tell the guys at the Audi dealership to check the ECU relay, the part was $42 CAD for me (about $33-35 USD at the time of replacement).

I'll try to get you the part number if I can find my receipt.

0 0 0

7. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well got my car back from Audi, said they had checked wiring and was starting more times than it wasn’t, just needed it back whatever it was doing. Got a new ecu relay myself 644, don’t make 614 anymore and worked like a charm. Noticed how quick glow plug light comes on and goes off when starting, must’ve been faulty for sometime. Thanks for your advice! Car back on the road 👍🏻

0 0 0

8. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad I could help

Sent from my LEX820 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Holy thread resurrection batman, I've got this issue too but can someone tell me where I can find this relay on my A6 C6 Avant?

I've been to the Audi Dealer Parts Department and they could only find 643 relays. No tech was on hand to tell me which one that was on the P/N diagram was the one I'm after.

@nurchi
    @Graceland77

0 0 0

10. Re: Parking Brake Malfunction, ESP, EPB, ABS - Car Wont Start - SO MANY FAULT CODES!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi mate, car still working like it should with no errors coming on at all, its a relay underneath the ecu, it’s defo 614 if your a6 is a 2007.

From what I remember If you take wiper arms off, then black plastic cover, ecu metal black casing top right, Audi opened that for me so don’t know how they did it, ecu inside, lift up and there are a few relays underneath, just swap the 614 out with 644 from parts shop, still mega thanks to the guy or gal who found this, we salute you!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast