Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi All

I have been having some issues with the interior lighting.
    The big interior light above the back seats would not go off except when I lock the car using the remote. It would stay on even when driving with differing levels of dimness. Sometimes quite bright sometimes quite dim.
    Then it went off permanently along with boot light. I traced that to a fuse (No 24 I think) and replaced it. The light was back to its dim states for about 3 weeks and then gone again. Fuse blown again I suspect.

Could it be related to the fact that None of the speakers in the drivers door work. The interior light circuit must also run through the door too.
    Is there known problem in the door or the wires running through door hinge ? Anything I should look for ?

The 2 map lights dont work either regardless of the fuse, but i think thats a different problem. The little red lights are on but thats it. One of them has come on randomly whilst driving but goes off permanently when I tough the switch.
    Any ideas?

regards
    PajGolf

0 0 0

2. Re: Electrical Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PajeroGolf View Post
    Could it be related to the fact that None of the speakers in the drivers door work. The interior light circuit must also run through the door too.
    Is there known problem in the door or the wires running through door hinge ? Anything I should look for ?
    Yes!

Check for water ingress too, the symptoms you describe sound very similar to a failing/water damaged CCM.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

3. Re: Electrical Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi Sam

Where do I find this CCM ? s the CCM in the door? What does it look like?

0 0 0

4. Re: Electrical Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ignore me - CCM in the Golf Plus is behind the glovebox not under the passenger carpet so no obvious risk of water damage.

I'd go for the split cables in the flexi cable in the doorjamb.

A VCDS scan would assist - we've got users in your location (see our map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...8.kMTwqF0PoXwc) - might be worth sending one of them a PM to see if they'd be willing to scan for you.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

5. Re: Electrical Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi All

I am still having problems with the interior light fuse blowing regularly. I figured it was something to do with the batch of cables coming from the drivers door so I gave them a good shake in the hope that it would eliminate the short.
    Unfortunately I now have the airbag light on. DOH!
    Any advice peeps ?

0 0 0

6. Re: Electrical Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

i had similar problems on my golf plus a couple of years ago , interior lights coming on dim when driving etc , i would bang the light cluster with the map lights in it ,this would temporarily fix it.

i removed the front interior light cluster / map lights and grill bit with the small holes , revealing electrical tracks exposed but part of the moulding , a screw had worked loose above this area and sat between the tracks causing the short.

I sorry i cannot give pictures etc as i no longer own the car.

0 0 0

7. Re: Electrical Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi Tom

Thanx for your response.
    When you say that your interior lights were staying on Dim do you mean the rear or the front ones?
    With my car the real lights stay on dim and the front map lights generally dont work at all. However one of the map lights may come on randomly if the switch is left on. If I switch it off then it wont back back on until the next random event.
    I can live with the rear light staying on, as that at least gives me lighting when I open the doors. With the fuse constantly blowing I am not even getting that.
    i may have multiple issues but I am convinced one of them is in the cluster of wires going to the drivers door because none of the 3 speakers in the door work. Also when i fiddled with the wires the airbag light came on.
    Does anybody have a 'How To Guide' for removing the door card and checking that the wires are connected up correctly?

0 0 0

8. Re: Electrical Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Yes both interior lights would illuminate very dimly , sometimes bright , when driving , you could not turn them off.
    The map lights would not work, then would.
    On mine the loose screw must of been jumping between these tracks on the front light assembly.
    If you banged around the front light unit it temporarily fix it , until the screw moved again - i couldn't believe my luck.

Sounds to me something is shorting and blowing your fuse.

Separate incident -
    Mine lost all electrical power to the rear door , it would not lock , no power windows, no switch illumination.
    I tested the wires that flex when the door opened all was ok.
    I removed the inner door card (rear) this revealed very little , so i removed (the bolted on) outer door skin , all the electrical multiplugs were solid, then the cabling on the elecy windows unraveled , lots of swearing, Waist of a Sunday thus resulting a knarky Mrs , all went back together but no fix.
    I also disconnected the battery for half an hour ,reconnecting hoping things would reset - this also did not work.
    In the end it was diagnosed as requiring a new central control module.

Try you tube searching door wires then door skin removal , before you start the job buy the Mrs some flowers 1st !!.

0 0 0