Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdave09 View Post
    #bloodycar

I managed to get the head unit out all seems fine so that's that ruled out....

I have 2 options now:

Buy a cheap gps off eBay - but where would I locate it? - would it work if I just left it in the back of the head unit (if it fitted that is)

Or

2nd hand gps original fin (approximately £35) but if have to get my local garage mate to fit, plus there is always the problem that it was a write and not the antenna??

I can't cope with these issues :-(
    i had the same, known problem, it is the sharkfin, went from 3 to 12 satellites after the swap, warranty under 100000km. It was really corroded on the inside.

0 0 0

2. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had the same on mine, replaced under warranty though. It was the fin and not the cable, so probably fairly sure it would be that item on yours.

0 0 0

3. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks all, fin ordered as I am nowhere near under warranty. Just need to figure out how to drop the roof liner without breaking it if anyone can point me in right direction??

0 0 0

4. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Briefly; remove rear c pillar trims- held in PITA clips. Remove both rear roof grab handles so you can bring the liner down that bot much further. The top section of the liner along the screen should be held in with clips so it would need easing down. I have an avant so can not confirm as its very different in mine. I would have to check elsawin on my other pc.
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

5. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to dig up an old thread guys, but I would love to hear if anyone has any more insight on this. My antenna has died, and I have one waiting to be fitted. I just want to make sure I do it properly without breaking anything.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6c711 View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread guys, but I would love to hear if anyone has any more insight on this. My antenna has died, and I have one waiting to be fitted. I just want to make sure I do it properly without breaking anything.

Thanks

I bought 1 but not fitted 😩 Everyone who I spoke to tho said I should have just bought a £10 for back of unit - oh well
    Car: 2012 (62 plate) A6 Saloon S-line, 2Litre TDI, 177bhp remapped to 216bhp, 20 inch alloys, Sat Nav, Phone, Audi Drive Select, Cruise Control, Bi-Xenon with LED DRL, LED Rear Lights Vag-Com Mods: Seatbelt, DRL Brightness, Kerb Lighting, Parking Brake Release, Needle Sweep, Wing Mirror Tilt

0 0 0

7. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdave09 View Post
    I bought 1 but not fitted 😩 Everyone who I spoke to tho said I should have just bought a £10 for back of unit - oh well
    See I'm determined to replace the original. Am just guna start tugging at the c-pillers and go from there

0 1 0

8. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello everyone I've joined the long list of GPS antenna failure list. I'm well out of warranty so before dropping a cash load at the dealer I was intrigued to know more about the cheapo option of replacing the GPS antenna directly at the back of the headunit. Having searched I could not find a good guide/video of how to get the head unit out and would appreciate a guide or link as well as confirming the connector type at the back of the headunit.

To replace the shark-fin, I see from other threads that getting the headliner down isn't easy and no one has actually posting saying they managed to complete the job which makes me wonder if I should put the job into the hands of my local friendly indi or take to the dealer.

Lastly, can someone tell me if the shark-fin also carries radio frequency or is that from the rear window element. In either case I'm assuming this is separate to the GPS antenna at the back of the headunit?

thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So I got the car scanned but unexpectedly no fault codes returned. The indi said before going any further it was best to apply the latest software update but it had not been released to the aftermarket nor did they know when it could be expected so either wait or go to the dealer.

Firstly, any idea what no fault code return could mean?

Secondly my current software version is 0775 on hardware version H52. How behind is the version, does this mean anything to anyone?

thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: Antenna for GPS Navigation (R50/R52) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like I can now be added to the list.

Sometimes I have 6 or 8 satellites and then it just suddenly loses them. Seems to happen circa 1 hour into journey for some reason (often as I travel through Essex although i'm sure that's not directly related...!).

Going into local dealer next week and will be shouting at extended warranty people if they won't sort it.
    C7 Avant, 2.0 Tdi, S-Line & 8P S3; both Phantom Black...

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast