1. Electric window fault sharan/alhambra/galaxy 1999 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Help! The passenger side front electric window won't function on my 1999 Alhambra (sharan/galaxy). neither switch can make it function, worst thing is that the window is stuck fully open!

Wires look fine behind the rubber shield at the door post. I tested the large red/yellow wire at 12V and the large brown wire is earthed correctly. No noise at all when switches are operated.

I'm almost at the point to dismantle the mechanism and lift the window up manually and block it with wood. But even that appears to be difficult to achieve.

I assume that it's just a coincidence that it stopped functioning exactly when i changed the battery??? All other electrics are OK, and fuses OK.

Does anyone know how to diagnose whether it's the electric motor?There are so many wires coming into the control unit!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Electric window fault sharan/alhambra/galaxy 1999 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    If it was mine I would probably remove motor and try to turn plastic cog pulley with something made up to fit into splines,until window was up and then wedge window in up position
    until further inspections were possible. This is assuming it is electrical problem,which it appears to be from your findings. Maybe before this have someone operate switch on/off at same time as you wiggle cables at door post,one may be broken inside of insulation.
    This post needs to be moved to correct section.

0 0 0

3. Re: Electric window fault sharan/alhambra/galaxy 1999 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Micheal, I already tried wiggling the cables when someone operated the switches, to no avail.

Next i'll try your suggestion of removing the motor, and winding it up manually. Seems really awkward to remove the unit without wreaking things... I removed the 4 (or was it 5) securing bolts, and tried pulling the unit in the rearward direction to where there is better access. I moved it most of the way but still not enough access to remove the motor.

I'm pretty handy with most things mechanical, but am an electric window novice... I suppose I was lucky to get this far in life without encountering electric window problems! Oh for manually operated windows!

So which is the correct section?

0 0 0

4. Re: Electric window fault sharan/alhambra/galaxy 1999 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Probably the Seat Alhambra,or Volkswagen Sharan sections,you will get better response there. My reply was based on Audi which may differ from yours. If yo do a search in old posts
    some useful information may be found

0 0 0