1. Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I noticed the rear door handle puddle light dimmer than the others last week - now it flickers on and off

Apparently its a know issue with the lighting module within the door handle so is being replaced when the part is available

Side note they had the new A4 in the showroom. Although only fractionally bigger than the outgoing model you would think it looks like an A6. Very nice

Styling cues include wing mirror housing now on door frame like A3, Drivers instruments same as TT. Fixed screen like mercs (sticks up and out of dash). apparently all new Audi's will have this based on customer survey so expect the next generation A6 to not have retracting screen - which is a loss. Dash looks similar to BMW now with silver accent straight across the dash

Door handles also lift upwards to open which is a nice touch. Rear looked very A3 saloon with tali light assembly

0 0 0

2. Re: Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitter45 View Post
    Fixed screen like mercs (sticks up and out of dash). apparently all new Audi's will have this based on customer survey so expect the next generation A6 to not have retracting screen - which is a loss.
    Customer Survey or cost containment/reliability issues?

0 0 0

3. Re: Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I noticed the rear door handle puddle light dimmer than the others last week - now it flickers on and off

Apparently its a know issue with the lighting module within the door handle so is being replaced when the part is available
    Had these on my previous A6 C7 for 2 years and on my current. No problems at all.

0 0 0

4. Re: Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Fixed screen like mercs (sticks up and out of dash). apparently all new Audi's will have this based on customer survey so expect the next generation A6 to not have retracting screen - which is a loss.
    But my screen is only ever retracted when I am not in the car, so it's a bit pointless, really, IMO. Except, of course, when the MMI crashes and it folds in the screen whilst I am driving along. Then I get to admire the unbroken lines of the dash.

0 0 0

5. Re: Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Not a huge fan of the sticky out screens. Wife has a merc that's specced with the upgraded screen and it looks like an iPad stuck on the dash. The screen/graphics are good but it just not very elegant cause it looks like an iPad on a mount stuck to the dash.

0 0 0

6. Re: Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    The A6 screen is a touch of class as it is now. I put it down if I'm driving long distance at night. At present we have the option to use it as we wish, up or down. If its not retractable then.........

Would be a backward move, probably to save some cost.

0 0 0

7. Re: Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Not a huge fan of the sticky out screens. Wife has a merc that's specced with the upgraded screen and it looks like an iPad stuck on the dash. The screen/graphics are good but it just not very elegant cause it looks like an iPad on a mount stuck to the dash.

Agreed - almost feels like an afterthought
    Oh cr*p! we forgot to include the sat nav! So lets just stick it on to the dash

Wasn't it Transporter back in the day that started the whole breaking into A8's to steal their MMI screens though I'm sure component protection helps here
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

8. Re: Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbore View Post
    But my screen is only ever retracted when I am not in the car, so it's a bit pointless, really, IMO. Except, of course, when the MMI crashes and it folds in the screen whilst I am driving along. Then I get to admire the unbroken lines of the dash.
    Whilst I agree its good not to have it on show when parked up IMO. It also looks very after thought the way they just stick out

BMW is fixed on the 1 and 3 series but looks more integrated to the dash.

0 0 0

9. Re: Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    - MMI stuck on the dash... well if it look anything like the A class Merc effort it is an ugly barnicle that destroys the lines of the dash and looks like a massive design afterthought. Hopefully on the A6 they will not do this and if they move away from the retractable screen will reintegrate the MMI screen into the dash. I'd prefer something along the lines of the Tesla S (although maybe a bit smaller) than a limpet add-on.

- Pull up door handles. Err, well my old C6 had those and here's the thing. People don't seem to be able to open the doors without scratching their nails up the paintwork as they grab the handle from underneath. I was shocked at all the little scratches behind the passenger door handles on my C6 (not, of course, on the drivers door). I prefer the current config on the C7 and think it looks classier and is 'easier' for people to grab without wrecking the paint.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

10. Re: Puddle Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

BMW is fixed on the 1 and 3 series but looks more integrated to the dash.
    I Personally disagree with this, my son has an M135i and his screen looks like an afterthought, a tablet stuck in a slot. He agrees with me but says the screen is not why he bought that car.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast