1. Golf 1.6 Bluemotion CAYC Engine EGR Replacement guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like I am also in the failed EGR valve club. The typical coil warning light and limp mode, confirmed with VAG COM. More than a little annoyed at a 2012 car with 40k miles. Is there a guide anywhere on replacing them yourself. I have found the workshop manual one at Removing and installing exhaust gas recirculation cooler but I havent found anyone who has done in themselves, step by step with photos is what I am after. It seems a bit of a pig to get to with the turbcharger in the way.

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf 1.6 Bluemotion CAYC Engine EGR Replacement guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

What error codes are you getting?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf 1.6 Bluemotion CAYC Engine EGR Replacement guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

What error codes are you getting?

Keith, its P04700
    Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor B Circuit Low Sporadic

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf 1.6 Bluemotion CAYC Engine EGR Replacement guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    It is a 3 to 4 hour job with the car 6 feet in the air on a lift, I don't want to even think how long it would take on the floor-awful! We did one on a low mileage 3 year old A1 1.6 yesterday, it is a pig of a job that takes twice as long as on a Golf 6, at least 7 hours - the mechanic who did it gave me a filthy look when he had finished, as if it's my fault!

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

5. Re: Golf 1.6 Bluemotion CAYC Engine EGR Replacement guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Im guessing the EGR and cooler has to be taken out from below the engine then. I thought as much the retaining bolts seem to be inaccessible from the top, and there is no room to physically taken it out from the top either. I had a feeling the workshop manual at Removing and installing exhaust gas recirculation cooler made it look too easy... just disconnect, unbolt and remove!!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 1.6 Bluemotion CAYC Engine EGR Replacement guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

VAG Error Code: 16854
    EOBD II Error Code: P0470

Fault Location:
    Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor 1 (G450) - Circuit Malfunction

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Wiring/Connector(s).
    Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor 1 (G450).
    Engine Control Module (ECM).
    Using a multimeter, measure the resistance between the terminals 1 and 2 of the Exhaust Pressure Sensor (G450/G451).
    Specified value for Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 (G450): 6880 ohms (+/- 500 ohms).
    Specified value for Exhaust Pressure Sensor 2 (G451): 69.7K ohms (+/- 1000 ohms).
    Using a multimeter, measure the resistance between the terminals 2 and 3 of the Exhaust Pressure Sensor (G450/G451).
    Specified value for Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 (G450): 4028 ohms (+/- 300 ohms).
    Specified value for Exhaust Pressure Sensor 2 (G451): 9720 ohms (+/- 300 ohms).

Special Notes:
    This Fault Code often indicates an incorrect/incompatible Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor 1 (G450) being installed. VAG uses two different types of sensors, 076-906-051-A (formerly 03G-906-051-A) for Engines through MY 2009 and 076-906-051-B for Engines from MY 2010. If in doubt check the Part Number of the Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor 1 (G450) and compare it
    against the Parts Catalogue.

Tech Notes:
    Replacing the exhaust back pressure usually takes care of the problem.

When is the code detected?:
    An Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) signal that is detected out of range (high or low) by the Engine Control Module (ECM) will cause the engine to ignore the Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) signal and disable exhaust back pressure operation.

Description:
    The Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) sensor is a variable capacitance sensor that, when supplied with a 5-volt reference signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM), produces a linear analogue voltage signal that indicates pressure.
    The Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) sensor's primary function is to measure exhaust back pressure so that the Engine Control Module (ECM) can control the Exhaust Back Pressure Regulator (EPR) when needed.

As taken from my EOBD II Error Codes

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

1 0 0

7. Re: Golf 1.6 Bluemotion CAYC Engine EGR Replacement guide 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    I am glad Keith pointed this out, the code is for the DPF pressure sensor G450 BUT the CAYC engine does not have a G450, it is a G505 so I think you need to get a more reliable code read carried out.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0