Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Hi Newbie s3 8l owner with issue of water ingress into drivers side (front and rear) foot wells.

1. Hi Newbie s3 8l owner with issue of water ingress into drivers side (front and rear) foot wells. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Audi S3 8l (2000 year) water ingress in drivers side (front and rear) foot wells – Yesterday,01:40 PM
    Hi

Newbie here
    I have an X reg Audi S3 8l in imola yellow. Love it but I have a major problem with the Foot wells on the drivers side (front and rear) filling up with water. I dont understand where it is coming from :0. Have you guys got any suggestions or know of any common issues with these A3`s?
    Any help is most appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Hi Newbie s3 8l owner with issue of water ingress into drivers side (front and rear) foot wells. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well found out what the problem was. Boost gauge was letting in water where it came through from engine, so sealed that and the drivers door wasn't at right height so water was coming in even though door seals are mint due to the gap. Fingers crossed be ok now.

0 0 0

3. Re: Hi Newbie s3 8l owner with issue of water ingress into drivers side (front and rear) foot wells. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We had a similar problem for a long time with my Wife's 2000 TDI. We had also led a wire through from the engine bay using the bonnet release cable grommet. It shouldn't really have leaked but I sealed it up a few times and waited for the carpets to dry out but they never seemed to and I had to admit, the water was still getting in. Just to the right of that there's a kind of plastic box that screws to the plenum chamber. Not sure what it is or what it does (Golfs don't have them as I had a Golf at the time) but that was leaking and probably had been since the factory, if you ask me. As soon as I sealed that there was no more water and we had it for about a further 4 years, no more steamy windows no more damp carpets. I hope you have sealed yours but just in case thought you should know my experience, it was a pig to find, reminded me of old leaky Fords, it was usually the leaks that killed them off as by the time they reached a certain age there would be very little floor left, Audis are of course better made, Mmmm.

0 1 0

4. Re: Hi Newbie s3 8l owner with issue of water ingress into drivers side (front and rear) foot wells. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    most of time, the scuttle is full of leaves and rubbish. I took the rubber of my A6 in the scuttle that drains the water, it clogs up in my humble opinion.

Where is the draining holes in the Golf ?

0 0 0

5. Re: Hi Newbie s3 8l owner with issue of water ingress into drivers side (front and rear) foot wells. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also in the scuttle, and also clog up with leaves etc. What really surprised me is there is wiring in there just lying on the bottom of the scuttle to that will be in water all the time when it's wet. My quick fix for this was to get some plastic bottle lids and cut a section out of then so water could still pass underneath and use them like little pedestals to sit the wiring on, seemed to work

0 0 0