1. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I really laid it on thick in a polite manner to the audi assessor today, and there's more to come for the poor bugger.

Audi wont know whats hit them by the time I finish, I stated social media and people power is a very powerful force to challenge and deal with, change.org for example, twitter, facebook etc

Let the good times roll !!

Now I must continue gathering more ammunition through research.

Stevie

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    info

Audi produces 100% galvanised cars to prevent corrosion, and was the first mass-market vehicle to do so, following introduction of the process by Porsche, c. 1975. Along with other precautionary measures, the full-body zinc coating has proved to be very effective in preventing rust. The body's resulting durability even surpassed Audi's own expectations, causing the manufacturer to extend its original 10-year warranty against corrosion perforation to currently 12 years

1 1 0

3. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 1 0

4. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    info paint depth microns

The first layer applied to the metal panel of a vehicle is primer. Primer is designed to make the panel uniform so as to allow the paint colour to be evenly applied to it. Primer on modern cars is thinner than it used to be owing to advances in panel stamping technology, meaning the panels are being supplied in better, more even condition. As a result primer thickness these days, whilst varying according to car marque and individual plant operating processes, is usually between 8 microns (µm) and 38 microns (µm).
    The second layer is the base colour coat, a semi-gloss layer that actually gives the panel its final colour. Again, as panels these days are of a more consistent quality, this layer is much thinner than it used to be. If the colour requires a flake or pearlescance to it, this is usually mixed in at this level. The thickness of this layer ranges from 13 microns (µm) to 38 microns (µm).
    The final layer is the clear coat, an optically clear layer of lacquer designed to protect the base colour from UV degradation and oxidation. The thickness of this layer ranges from 38 microns (µm) to 102 microns (µm).
    Ultimately this tells us the total thickness of the various layers on most modern cars is between 67 microns (µm) and 198 microns (µm). If you come across a panel or panels where the total depth is greater than 198 microns (µm), it is a strong indication the vehicle has been resprayed.

BETWEEN 100 AND 200 MICRONS
    This is normal paint thickness. Reading in this range point to standard paint (generally speaking) and shows a
    healthy thickness that should present no problems when it comes to machine polishing.

Assessor stated that the audi's paint tolerance is under 200 microns. one of my wings was 190 microns which is within their own paint tolerance and therefore does not prove in any way the wing had been resprayed.

Over 200 microns would indicate a respray which my wing is not.

0 1 0

5. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Stevie

all the issues we see on the VW's are as a direct result of inherent manufacturers defects. Sealer on inner door skins causing corrosion, inner covers on wheel arches rubbing on an area of foam that breaks down the protective coatings and because of its nature, retains moisture and dirt leading to corrosion and the classic fixing on the tailgates wiper which allows water ingress.

I had the discussion with VW asking why these vehicles corrode if they are glav'd. I was told its classed as a paint layer hence only covered for 3 yrs. I had worked at a company whose products were all galvanised and I have been to a glav plant to see the process. Their products could be sat in the yard or assembled on clients sites for years with no signs of corrosion, unless badly damaged beyond its ability to "self heal", or a poor application to the surface when galvanised.

Its only after going through VAG's damage limitation game, I have since found out the real reasons our vehicles corrode and the large scale attempt VAG employ to avoid repairing them. The reason I initially created the website was to name/shame them into repairing my vehicle. But after being subjected to the methods they employ, which starts with being totally lied to at the local authorised dealer, VW Sinclair Newport, by their claims manager who told me that all my corrosion issues would not be covered under the warranty, which he determined all by phone a call and had not even seen the vehicle up to then.

The lies and deceit just followed after that, so I simply decided to leave the site running and evolving in order to help others. And that's it in a nutshell.

Good to hear your getting somewhere Stevie. Keep us updated as it spurns others on to challenge VAG where these corrosion issues are concerned.

Regards

Stu

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    kudos for creating a great site for all folk to check out and use as part of their warranty claims with VAG.

No calls today from audi, will wait till next week and start moving to the next level if I do not receive any word.

cheers

Stevie

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update: Audi are not backing out of their offer of 70% goodwill contribution as per phone call to me this afternoon, I replied that I would not be accepting their offer and have asked them to send me their so called offer in writing through the post to my home address so that I can take further action by contacting their Audi warranty Department, Audi CEO, BBC Watchdog and then small claims court.

I have contacted BBC watchdog and the Audi CEO explaining that I will take them to the small claims court for the sum of £2000 for the replacement of two front wings.

I am going all out to fight for what is my god given right to claim under the Audi's so called legally binding 12 years anti corrosion warranty.

Stephen
    Last edited by patientx; 18-11-2015 at 07:40 PM.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone is have just taken my 2007 a4 avant s line quattro special edition into audi Norwich
    To check my small rust problem on my boot located bottom drivers side and one of my wings
    The man said that my wing has been repaired and my boot looks like it has rubbed my bumper or been taken off at some point so they will not do anything.
    Had a look when I got home there is a mark on the bumper. But when it's closed it is nowhere near the bumper. I have looked at the rubber stops around the boot and they seem to be worn so thinking there might be movement when driving. The rubbing is only on one side and the stops seem worse on that side.
    Do I have a leg to stand on if I contact them again?

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, did the guy take paint depth measurements on the wing and rest of the vehicle ? If they were out of tolerance anywhere on the car, then VW have the right to deny you claiming. If they were out of tolerance, but repaired in an authorized VAG body shop, then you have reason to pursue it. They can do a dealer-wide search to determine if it were repaired in one of their shops. If not, I guess you may not be able to get them to repair the wing under warranty. As for the boot issues, it may be worth taking it into another body-shop to seek their advice with a view to going back to VW and questioning them.

Since the emissions scandal broke and subsequent admission they will be paying out near on $32bn, it appears the prime area they have targeted to saving money is body warranty claims...

Best of luck

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi 12 year warranty corrosion - claims 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxgain View Post
    Hi there, did the guy take paint depth measurements on the wing and rest of the vehicle ? If they were out of tolerance anywhere on the car, then VW have the right to deny you claiming. If they were out of tolerance, but repaired in an authorized VAG body shop, then you have reason to pursue it. They can do a dealer-wide search to determine if it were repaired in one of their shops. If not, I guess you may not be able to get them to repair the wing under warranty. As for the boot issues, it may be worth taking it into another body-shop to seek their advice with a view to going back to VW and questioning them.

Since the emissions scandal broke and subsequent admission they will be paying out near on $32bn, it appears the prime area they have targeted to saving money is body warranty claims...

Best of luck
    Thanks for replying they had the car for about 40mins I assume they tested the paint they did not show me the report. All they said about the car was its about 5 years ago they had it in. I have only had the car for a week (do not think it will come under my warranty) trying to sort those little problems. Took it out for a drive a little earlier and it sounds like there is some movement in the boot lid.
    I have a mate who runs a body-shop will have to pop over and see him.
    Apart from the paint on the rim of the wheel arch and the spot of rust on the boot and a couple off stone chips she's quite a nice example (only 71k on the clock)

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast