Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi...
    As anyone disabled the start / stop via VCDS
    Using the method in VCDS Tip n Tricks Sticky...
    Start / Stop is great unless your in traffic, then it's a pain, also noticed the engine cuts out whilst coming to a stop.
    Yes I can turn it off each time, but just wanted to know your views...
    Thx

0 0 0

2. Re: Disable start / stop via VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Disabled it on my new A4 as I don't like it!

0 0 0

3. Re: Disable start / stop via VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Yep, we'll have it set to memorise the last setting when the engine was switched off - OFF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Disable start / stop via VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Yes, Splash did it for me and it's wonderful, no longer do I have to reach over and switch the damned thing off every time I start my car. My brother was visiting from California this weekend, he just swapped his S4 for an A6 FL 3.0T (petrol supercharged) and really wants the mod.

But it did get me thinking about the way mine is configured - especially as the nights grow longer. Standard setup is you start the car, start/stop is active and the LED is off. If you push the button to disable start / stop the LED comes on yellow - and it's not an attractive yellow and kinda glares a bit.
    One of the things that Splash mentioned was that there was an option to "invert" the LED behaviour - so it's on when Start / Stop is enabled and off otherwise. I declined to do that as I thought it moved the behaviour away from stock but in hindsight I think I'd opt for it.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

5. Re: Disable start / stop via VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgroucho View Post
    in hindsight I think I'd opt for it.
    Yes. From memory VCDS sticky says it's an option. Can sort that out weekend after next if you want? Winters are going on just before, so I can assist with that too unless you've already done it.
    MY2014 A6 allroad 245PS, my 8th Audi in 20 years - all quattros. 15th VAG car (incl 2 used ones).

0 0 0

6. Re: Disable start / stop via VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is Stop/Start not part of an emissions reduction effort?

I wonder how much of an effect disabling it has on the CO2 & No2 emissions

0 0 0

7. Re: Disable start / stop via VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Probably negligible in my case and it moves the cost elsewhere in the same way that saving money by not having things on standby means I spend fractionally more on heating the house.

Unrelated: On one thread someone suggested that enabling the auto handbrake button meant you didn't need to keep your foot on the brake to maintain the engine in "stopped" mode. Tried this without success and found the original mirror-hanger card which describes it. The little asterisk suggests that it only applied to A3 (during MY14 A6 production anyway).
    MY2014 A6 allroad 245PS, my 8th Audi in 20 years - all quattros. 15th VAG car (incl 2 used ones).

0 0 0

8. Re: Disable start / stop via VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    To keep it in stopped mode all you need to do is press the brake pedal harder and the handbrake will hold with the engine stopped.
    If you only lightly press the brake pedal the car will fire up as soon as you let go

1 0 0

9. Re: Disable start / stop via VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    To keep it in stopped mode all you need to do is press the brake pedal harder and the handbrake will hold with the engine stopped.
    If you only lightly press the brake pedal the car will fire up as soon as you let go
    That's interesting, will give it a try!

0 0 0

10. Re: Disable start / stop via VCDS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I just find start / stop a huge annoyance - and the auto hold brake thing.

- I drive mainly in rural areas, country roads and A / B roads and for those motorway runs that I do have to do I'll pick and choose to avoid the worst congestion if I can. It's annoying to approach a Give Way and, just when you've verified it's clear to go, the blasted engine stops and has to restart. Plus, to me, that just seems like massive excess wear and tear on the starter motor, battery etc. AND I cannot believe it saves any fuel - some is wasted restarting the engine and it barely stopped. Yes if you spend time driving in congested built up areas or frequently get stuck in stop / start traffic on the motorway or whatever then it might make sense but not for me. I really cannot see that it would save me any fuel in day to day driving - in fact quite possibly the opposite.

- And the hill hold thing... OK for a manual gearbox I get why it would work, but in an auto - and most A6s are autos? Just seems unnecessary and probably adds to brake pad (and disk) wear
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast