1. AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I currently drive a 2012 Audi A6 3.0 Tdi And I am looking to move to either a 2014 A6 3.0 Bitdi or a 2013 A8 3.0 tdi. Any advice and views would be appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Go for it??
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Wouldn't a 4.2 TDI A8 be more of a competitor to the BiTDI and if you want a step up in performance?
    '14 Audi A6 Avant BiTDI
    '08 BMW Z4 Coupe
    ex BMW Z3 M Coupe, E39 M5, E60 M5, E92 M3
    ex MB C43 AMG, C350 CDI 4matic

0 0 0

4. Re: AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The A8 is quite a different animal compared to the A6. The new one is excellent, the pre facelift didn't do it for me and it didn't do it for the S class buyers that Audi was chasing.

A new A8 with the right options is £20k more than an RS6. Horses for courses.
    A6 Bi Turbo (320PS) Black Edition, Techno pack, Matrix lights, heavy right shoe. Sept 2015.

0 0 0

5. Re: AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar Shaker View Post
    The A8 is quite a different animal compared to the A6. The new one is excellent, the pre facelift didn't do it for me and it didn't do it for the S class buyers that Audi was chasing.

A new A8 with the right options is £20k more than an RS6. Horses for courses.
    What A8 are you looking at?! I nearly bought an A8 3.0 Sport Executive before I got my A6. I got offered a brand new one for £42k, £23k off list. The Sport Exective really doesn't "need" any additional speccing. I'd love to know where you got offered an RS6 for £20k less, I'll take 2.

I agree that the facelift looks better than before. It was only a small change, but it looks MUCH better. So, to the OP, I'd choose the bitdi just based on that.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

6. Re: AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A friend has a chauffeur company and runs S class' and Range Rovers. He bought a loaded up A8L. The spec was just over £100k before discounts.

Even a 4.2 Sport (what I looked at) quickly gets north of £90k with seat, leather and AV equipment upgrades.

My friend got rid of the A8 as his clients preferred S Classes, despite the A8L ride being far superior, in his opinion. He took a real beating by getting rid of it and vowed never to go near them again.

I would imagine a poverty spec one would be worth half of nothing, once you were off the forecourt property.
    A6 Bi Turbo (320PS) Black Edition, Techno pack, Matrix lights, heavy right shoe. Sept 2015.

0 1 0

7. Re: AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    If you get the right discount it is worth more than the second hand ones for sale, the money off them is huge. Not sure if you've ever looked at a Sport Executive that can be had for around £45k, in standard form it is not poverty spec, even by the fussiest standards.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

8. Re: AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar Shaker View Post
    A friend has a chauffeur company and runs S class' and Range Rovers. He bought a loaded up A8L. The spec was just over £100k before discounts.

Even a 4.2 Sport (what I looked at) quickly gets north of £90k with seat, leather and AV equipment upgrades.

My friend got rid of the A8 as his clients preferred S Classes, despite the A8L ride being far superior, in his opinion. He took a real beating by getting rid of it and vowed never to go near them again.

I would imagine a poverty spec one would be worth half of nothing, once you were off the forecourt property.
    Agreed depreciation / residuals on an A8 are brutal. Best reason to avoid.
    Audi A6 (C7) 3.0 TDI S Line Quattro 245 Daytona Grey Sep 2013 -
    Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TDI SE 143 Lava Grey 2008 - 2013

0 0 0

9. Re: AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chesterfield313:- Im looking at an A8 63 reg. sport exec. and an A8 14 reg. SE exec.

0 0 0

10. Re: AUDI A6 3.0 Tdi to A6 Bitdi or A8 3.0 Tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I owned a C63 and was looking for something bigger and more practical so a friend lent me his 3.0 TDi, when I drove it I was very unimpressed, I even had to check his number plate online to make sure it was a 3.0 v6 as it felt very, very lacking in power. I'm not sure if that was stepping from a 6.3 v8 petrol into a diesel but I was very surprised.

I had been looking for one myself and this completely put me off, however a week or so later I found a BiTDi advertised and the C63 had been sold so I thought I would go for a test drive, what a difference.

The BiTDi a different car, it has enough power to satisfy most peoples requirements and it's just a joy to drive.

I have also fitted a Kufatec sound module to the exhaust so the car sounds amazing too!!!!!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast