1. RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, after a bit of advice. I have got hold of some 20" RS5 alloys and put them on my A4 B7 Avant. They look awesome! But they rub very slightly on the rear arches when i go over a big enough bump / pothole!! Can i stiffen the suspension / lower the car or anything to stop this from happening???

0 0 0

2. Re: RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

3. Re: RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    even if you stiffen the suspension they will still hit on ocassion. you could get the arches rolled by a bodyshop. they may be able to do it without any paint damage. alternatively , if there is room, you could get a small amount machined from the wheel mounting flange, to set them inwards slightly, or run a lower profile tyre.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

4. Re: RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah after looking around I think either rolling the arches or downsizing might be the best options! gutted as I love the alloys.

0 1 0

5. Re: RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    the alloys do like mint. i would go for an arch roll. just find someone local who can do it, or try yourself. there was a bloke on ebay who would hire a roller to people for about a tenner plus postage.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

6. Re: RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is the issue the wheel/tyre size, or the low offset? I know the offset on RS5 wheels tend to be very low compared to the standard on the A4/A6.

Have you considered trying 20" wheels from an A4 or A6?
    Currently have these for sale if of interest? More than happy for you to do a trial fit if you wanted to test them out before buying.

VW Audi Forum - The #1 VW Group Community

0 0 0

7. Re: RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think its the tyre size. They are wider than the arches and when going over a big enough bump or pothole the rears rub on the lip of the body arch.

0 0 0

8. Re: RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh and if you are interested in selling these I would try listing them over at A5OC.com. Very active forum of A/S/RS5 users. You can find me over there with the username DrEskimo

0 0 0

9. Re: RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Haldron View Post
    I think its the tyre size. They are wider than the arches and when going over a big enough bump or pothole the rears rub on the lip of the body arch.
    Ah OK. I take it they are on the RS5 standard 275/30 tyres? In which case, you will probably have to look at going to very low profile tyres, which will likely break your back...!
    Probably sensible to stick to 19s. As I say, more than happy for you to try my 20s with the lower offset and smaller wheel width, but I think my tyres at 255/35 are a little wider than 275/30, so it won't help if tyre width is the issue.

Guess you could try fitting 255/30 tyres on?

0 0 0

10. Re: RS5 Alloys on a B7 Avant 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Loolis. Im gonna talk to a bodyshop friend to see if they can roll the arches enough, if not then i guess the alloys will be up for sale!! and then I will be looking for new ones!! Will check out that A5 forum, thanks.

0 1 0