Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Touran 2.0 TDI 16v 2006 (56) Front wipers no wipey.

1. Touran 2.0 TDI 16v 2006 (56) Front wipers no wipey. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All.
    Can anyone help diagnose this problem.
    Wife came home from work & told me that when she went over a bump the wipers came on briefly. Then all seemed normal.
    2 days later the front wipers are no longer working. Rear wash/wipe & front washers O.K.

I have since done the following.
    Fuses x2 checked & good.
    Power to both motors.
    Connected friends OBD2 reader to check for faults (none found)
    Disconnected bonnet sensor (no change)
    Disconnected battery (no change)
    Replaced passenger side motor with exact match (master I believe) Still no change. Could I have been unlucky & bought a duff used motor.
    Today I replaced the wiper stalk.
    Yep you guessed it no change.

I did read somewhere that a motor may need programming. Can anyone confirm this. I'd have thought they were plug & play.
    No H.I.D's fitted.

At a loss as to what to do next, & don't want to get stiffed by the dealers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0 0 0

2. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI 16v 2006 (56) Front wipers no wipey. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You need to test the motors using the Output Tests function with a system such as VCDS.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI 16v 2006 (56) Front wipers no wipey. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will arrange to get it hooked up to VW diagnostics then. Thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI 16v 2006 (56) Front wipers no wipey. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Rolfie did you manage to solve problems. If so how and what was the cost if you don't mind telling me. I've similar problem with my driver motor, power to the plug but not working although passenger one is
    Last edited by eddie3625; 08-10-2018 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

0 0 0

5. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI 16v 2006 (56) Front wipers no wipey. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be following this with interest.

I'm try to help a family member who is having similar issues with their Touran.
    The Passenger side one is working but the driver's side is not. Well, it only works very very occasionally.

I've made sure that there is 12v at the feed and that the earth has continuity to ground.
    I also checked that the Lin Bus wire between the two motors has continuity - it does.
    I'm guessing that the main Lin Bus wire is ok, because the master ( passenger side fires every time).

To make it worse, the driver's side motor is a version B at the end of the part number. That's in the hen's teeth category. You'll find as many version E as you want.
    we bought an 'E' version and I'd like to say that the E version will fit, but it won't, not without modifying the loom, as the plug is in a different place.

I plugged it in anyway, and if it had worked, I'd have extended the loom, but nothing.

I'm going to try a replacement on the passenger side, to see if the master controller is faulty in some way.

If that doesn't work, then I'm well and truly stumped. The value of this car doesn't merit the £335 we've been quoted for the pair of motors the dealer insists on selling.

Great...

0 0 0

6. Re: Touran 2.0 TDI 16v 2006 (56) Front wipers no wipey. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got this one fixed eventually.

Master side (passenger arrived) and of course that has a different length of loom like the passenger's side.

But I still plugged it in to see if it would work, which it did, but still nothing from the driver's side.

But then I figured maybe a Rev B slave motor won't work wth a Rev E master, so I plugged in the Rev E on the driver's side.

Bingo, both motors working exactly as intended. But they won't bolt up, because the looms are too short.

So, yesterday I cut off the plugs from the loom and made up loom extensions to allow the rev E motors to work in a car which originally came with Rev B motors.
    That was a good couple of hours of soldering, crimping and heat shrinking. I used standard 4 pole disconnect plugs at the extended end onto the existing loom.

IMG_2693.JPG

Plugged it all in, with the motors already bolted in place, and wiper arms on, and bingo, we have fully working wipers again.
    Last edited by zilspeed; 14-10-2018 at 07:12 PM.

0 1 0