Notices

User Tag List

Thread: central locking problem (sharan)

1. central locking problem (sharan) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi to you all.

I have a 1999 vr6 sharan, with a central locking problem.
    The car unlocks from the remote key, but only the passenger doors and boot, the drivers door seems to open on a reverse mode to the other doors. when the drivers door opens by re-pushing the remote,all other doors lock. The car has no central locking response from using the key manually in any of the locks.
    I have removed the drivers door panel and checked the fuses, as obvious locations for a fault. I cannot use the key reset programme, locking the car 3 times and waiting for the door light to stay on etc, as the light does not flash anymore when door is locked. There is power going to the light from behind the door panel.
    The car has just had new valves fitted and a couple of injector seals. this was done by a friend of mine in a garage workshop. He cannot find the fault with the locking, but is annoyed that it worked fine when the car went in. To top it all off, the fan motor has packed up, but still all the climate controls on the dash work. The digital display says that the fan is on, but we have no working heaters. Could this be coincidence or are the fan and central locking on the same circuit and something has been connected wrong when the engine work was done.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Last edited by goodwood; 07-10-2007 at 06:41 PM. Reason: i forgot to mention. the battery had been diconected for the last 3wks.

1 0 0

2. Re: central locking problem (sharan) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi There,
    I have exactly the same fault with an S plate 1.8t Auto Sharan with the Toad key fob. Can anyone help?? Is there a reset procedure for this system? Obviously the motors work because the door is working just out of sync?

Cheers

TW

0 0 0

3. Re: central locking problem (sharan) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought a 1996 sharan and am having problems with the central locking too, I don't have a fob, I only have a key.

The problem is that if I can only lock and unlock drivers side door and nothing else, but if I use the passengers side door or the tailgate all central locking seems to be working fine including drivers door.

also the alarm light on drivers door can come on and sometimes be flashing even while driving, seems to have a mind of its own. I have never managed to get the alarm to trigger, but when all the doors are locked it flashes at 1sec intervals as if alarm is armed.

does anyone have any ideas please.

Johnybee_uk

0 0 0

4. Re: central locking problem (sharan) 
    jh787 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwood View Post
    Hi to you all.

I have a 1999 vr6 sharan, with a central locking problem.
    The car unlocks from the remote key, but only the passenger doors and boot, the drivers door seems to open on a reverse mode to the other doors. when the drivers door opens by re-pushing the remote,all other doors lock. The car has no central locking response from using the key manually in any of the locks.
    I have removed the drivers door panel and checked the fuses, as obvious locations for a fault. I cannot use the key reset programme, locking the car 3 times and waiting for the door light to stay on etc, as the light does not flash anymore when door is locked. There is power going to the light from behind the door panel.
    The car has just had new valves fitted and a couple of injector seals. this was done by a friend of mine in a garage workshop. He cannot find the fault with the locking, but is annoyed that it worked fine when the car went in. To top it all off, the fan motor has packed up, but still all the climate controls on the dash work. The digital display says that the fan is on, but we have no working heaters. Could this be coincidence or are the fan and central locking on the same circuit and something has been connected wrong when the engine work was done.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    You have most likely blown a fuse.

Before you say "I have checked all the fuses" the horizontal fuses along the bottom are NOT all spares.

0 0 0