Notices

User Tag List

Thread: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Hi,
    my audi a4 2011 started showing error about stabilisation programme fault, parking brake malfunction.
    Every second time or so when I start my car I get few beeps and and error is shown: Stabilisation programe: fault!
    Then it shows: release parking brake
    and then: Parking brake malfunction.
    If I turn off engine and start again these error are gone, car starts like normal.
    Sometimes these errors (except for release parking brake) come up while driving, then it brakes slightly and I can keep on driving, with ESP and glow plugs lights on.
    Handbrake is working, I can engage it and release it.
    Also car takes 2-3 seconds longer to start when I get these errors. If normally its 2 sec to start then when I see that it takes 4 seconds I know that these error will come up.
    Anyone knows what is happening?
    I am attaching a pic with errors
    http://imgur.com/vRqKi7K

error.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Also, there was lots of raining and lots of driving through puddles.
    Can it be so that some wire, sensor got damaged/disconnected and so i get these errors?

0 0 0

3. Re: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomas_v View Post
    Also, there was lots of raining and lots of driving through puddles.
    Can it be so that some wire, sensor got damaged/disconnected and so i get these errors?
    Everything is possible you need to check errors with a cable. My friend had similar errors and ended up changing some handbrake module/ecu 200euro total service. Hopefully your result better.
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

4. Re: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I took my car to official dealer, told my concerns about damaging something while driving through water, puddles and they told me that some sensor need to be changed. Cant remember how it is called "pressure sensor" that is connected with braking system.
    They will change it this friday.
    Also there were few times when "check engine" light came on. But its kind a random maybe once every 3 days. While parking brake malfunction comes up every day.
    Still took my car to a friend that has a diagnostics. He checked out and that what fault codes I got.
    Will try googling them myself, but would be very thankful if someone with knowledge would comment.

Diesel (CAGC - TDI - MT/AT)
    DTC Description
    U111300 - Function restriction because receipt message
    - Intermittent
    P064100 - Sensor Reference Voltage A Circuit/Open
    - Intermittent
    P15A000 - Neutral position sensor, electrical malfunction
    - Intermittent

Brake (ABS/ESP - Bosch 8.1 ESP - MT/AT - Without tyre pressure monitoring)
    DTC Description
    01314 - Engine control unit
    - Check fault codes
    - Intermittent

00473 - Electromechanical parking brake control unit
    - Check fault codes
    - Intermittent

Brake (Parking brake - EPB (Electric parking brake))
    DTC Description
    - Check fault codes
    - Intermittent

Climate (Climate control - Climatronic "Basic" (Mono zone heat regulation.))
    DTC Description
    - Check fault codes
    - Intermittent

0 0 0

5. Re: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    An update on this situation
    Took my car to dealer, told my concerns. They booked checked and told me that it could be pressure sensor. Two weeks later (today) they changed it.
    I paid something like 270 pounds (plus 60pounds in addition for diagnostics), they changed g294 Brake servo pressure sensor.
    The best part, it worked fine when I drove from dealership. But after my work, that is 6 hours later, I start my car and same **** again.
    Same errors, same lights on dash.
    Will have to call them again, arrange time, wait again.

0 0 0

6. Re: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any news - hope they refund you some of the original fix money

0 0 0

7. Re: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hman_01 View Post
    any news - hope they refund you some of the original fix money
    I am taking my car there again on Friday. They will check it again.
    And I won't need to pay if that sensor that they changed was not faulty.
    They will check it, then I suppose order some parts so that's another couple weeks of waiting.
    It wouldn't be that bad. But when those errors come up cruise control is not working. And car limits RPM to 2000. Well it goes over but very slowly. So basically I am driving slow these days.

0 0 0

8. Re: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you tried starting the car, and pressing the esp switch for 5 seconds (or until the ESP de-activated warning comes up)?

this will de-activate the traction AND anti spin.

0 0 0

9. Re: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomas_v View Post
    Hi,
    my audi a4 2011 started showing error about stabilisation programme fault, parking brake malfunction.
    Every second time or so when I start my car I get few beeps and and error is shown: Stabilisation programe: fault!
    Then it shows: release parking brake
    and then: Parking brake malfunction.
    If I turn off engine and start again these error are gone, car starts like normal.
    Sometimes these errors (except for release parking brake) come up while driving, then it brakes slightly and I can keep on driving, with ESP and glow plugs lights on.
    Handbrake is working, I can engage it and release it.
    Also car takes 2-3 seconds longer to start when I get these errors. If normally its 2 sec to start then when I see that it takes 4 seconds I know that these error will come up.
    Anyone knows what is happening?
    I am attaching a pic with errors
    http://imgur.com/vRqKi7K

error.jpg
    Hi mate, was there any conclusion to this?
    have the same problem with the same year and model.

0 0 0

10. Re: What does "stabilisation programme fault" mean? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteman81 View Post
    Hi mate, was there any conclusion to this?
    have the same problem with the same year and model.
    Sadly I have no news or at least no good news.
    My car was at dealer 4 times, lots of hassle. In the end they just told me that this error is so random that they can't tell me what is wrong.
    The solution would be to check wiring, fuses etc. but that would take a lot of time and would cost a lot. So if its not permanent they said just to live with it.
    What I will do is I found a local small garage that, some friends told me, are pretty good in dealing with electrical problems.
    And now I developed a "system" how to deal with it.
    I do everything slower. I set the key in, wait 3 seconds, push it to start. When I am about to park, once again I apply hand brake, wait few seconds, turn the car of, wait couple second, take the key out. And so far it does work most of the time. I didn't have this error for maybe a month now
    But if I start without errors, drive some (say 2 minutes) and stop, next time I start i get those errors. And even my "system" doesn't help
    Some times in the morning if I get those errors, I drive for 10 minutes, stop turn the car off, pull the key out, wait some and start again - no errors.

In summary I have no idea what is wrong, dealer doesn't know whats wrong. I will eventually have to deal with it, cause I dont think it will pass MOT if those errors will come up.
    I hope you will find out whats wrong. Let me know too
    Sorry that I wasn't very helpful

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast