1. Re: Ouch - VW/Audi in the US of A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    bring on roadside checks and new mot testing practices to get these cars off the road. and no, if you dont want a dpf then buy a car without one. its the same with cats on petrols, people remove them to gain 'power', and even find a bent mot tester to pass it.. idiots.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

2. Re: Ouch - VW/Audi in the US of A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    An EU5 car puts out less NOX than an EU4 even without cheating, the whole thing is bonkers.
    That's not correct. Please refer here:

Diesel Euro6: CO: 0,5, NOX: 0,08, HC+NOX: 0,17
    Petrol Euro4: CO: 1,0, NOX: 0,08, HC+NOX: 0,18

As you might see the truth in figures: The Euro6 petrol engine is far cleaner then the Euro4 diesel engine, mostly because the Euro4 petrol figures can be achived in the real life. Now please see the truth, the reason why the diesel engines were forced in the EU: the idea was their paper based lower CO/CO2 rate. That's happening, if the premisses were all wrong. Now please think it over, if the cheating software lied up to 10-40 times less NOX, and only 2 times less CO, than what does it really means?

It means exactly what you can see: The Euro6 diesel engines in the real life are far worse, than the former Euro2 diesel engines were, which had a limitation for CO: 1,0, HC+NOX=0,7, but which were practically realistic.

And now, please refer this figures:

Petrol Euro4: CO: 1,0, NOX: 0,08, HC+NOX: 0,18
    Petrol Euro6: CO: 1,0, NOX: 0,06, HC+NOX: 0,16

As you can see, there was NO achivements in the petrol engines at all in this period. Could it be possible? Absolutely not.

It was a complete fraud.

Does anyone except me complain about people who remove cats, DPF's and EGR valves and talk about the subject openly on here when it is a criminal offence to remove emissions equipment?
    Please do not make a connection between the independend idiot's crimes, and the politically supported mass killings.

The individuals, who made modifications like this, will not make a huge crime against themselves, or the community. However the car manufacturers made huge profits, while they made the citizens life worse. It's an unacceptable thing in the US, and I hope it will be unacceptable in the EU too. It's not the same to travel without a ticket, or steal the tickets. It's not the same if the individuals hacks the rules on their own, or to create impractical rules, and let the car manufacturers not to obey to these, while in the meantime the rulers let them wash their hands with the fake testing results.

My World famous answer was, when the EU authorities told, "it's not a cheating, if somebody shuts off the emission systems after twenty minutes, as it doesn't brake the law." So, THEY KNEW ABOUT IT, and they supported this fraud all the time.

This is the scandal, what they want to hide with VW. The deal is simple, if VW will take the scandal on their own, they will remain in position to help VW to survive, and let them not to pay at least the same penalty in Europe as they will pay in the US. Also, in the meantime they will help VW to lie

Ugly, disgusting politics, that's all
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Ouch - VW/Audi in the US of A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    EU4 diesel and EU5 diesel, not petrol. We are talking about the Devils brew here, not petroleum....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Ouch - VW/Audi in the US of A 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    EU4 diesel and EU5 diesel, not petrol. We are talking about the Devils brew here, not petroleum....
    This was an example, that the so called clean diesels are not cleaner then an Euro4 petrol engine.

Which was - for example - a comlete surprise for me. IMHO, the vast majority customers doesn't even knew about it, that the Euro6 normatives are different for these engine types, so just like me, they thougt, that an Euro6 petrol AND an Euro6 diesel engine are equivalent from this emission rates aspect. Therefore it was a huge fraud.

On the other hand, the Euro4 diesel engines emission values were more or less reasonable, as that ones depended on actual figures. However the Euro6 figures were nothing else, but fairy tales.

By this, I'm not sure, if we can declare, that an Euro6 diesel engine is better then an Euro4 diesel engine, because the truth is, that now WE KNOW for sure, that the Euro6 diesel engine's measured emisson rates are far worse than even an Euro2(!) diesel engine's normatives. In other words, it means, that it's even possible, that an Euro2 diesel engine could have better emission rates in the real World, than an Euro6 diesel engine.

That was my point: I can't agree that an Euro6 diesel engine is necessary better then an Euro4. I'm very disappointed to know, that I purchased a car, which has far worse ACTUAL emission rates, than an Euro4 petrol engine had a decade earlier, and I fell quite dumb, if I had to think to myself, that I purchased a car, which emission rates maybe worse, than a medieval Euro2 diesel engine...

It's a madness.

And just one more thought: If they were able to fulfill these rules, but they did not, than it was a crime. Therefore I don't think, with such lame solutions they can eliminate the problems of the diesel engines.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364