Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar Shaker View Post
    The video I saw shows it plugging into the lower socket of the bank behind the right hand cubby hole.
    I don't seem to have a right hand cubby hole. I think I've seen the same video too and was thinking it was simple until I went to fit it and there was no cubby there :-(

0 0 0

2. Re: Retrofit Audi dynamic exhaust sound system to your A6 3.0 TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Do you have an actual power socket there ie cigarette lighter socket? If so the recess its fitted in does not have an actual thumb turn but instead a black slotted plastic screw which you can open with the queens head! Once opened you will find the small module for the sound booster which you unplug and plug your module into it and also plug the cable you removed into the new module so in theory your new module is in line with the original module.
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

3. Re: Retrofit Audi dynamic exhaust sound system to your A6 3.0 TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    Do you have an actual power socket there ie cigarette lighter socket? If so the recess its fitted in does not have an actual thumb turn but instead a black slotted plastic screw which you can open with the queens head! Once opened you will find the small module for the sound booster which you unplug and plug your module into it and also plug the cable you removed into the new module so in theory your new module is in line with the original module.
    Yeah there is a cigarette lighter socket there. I could fit my fingers underneath the panelling but it didn't seem to come free easily so I didn't want to risk tugging on it.

0 0 0

4. Re: Retrofit Audi dynamic exhaust sound system to your A6 3.0 TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Dont pull the panel out form the bottom; imagine it being hinged along the bottom. The plastic screw is at the top inner edge. Put your head don on the boot floor and look up into the cubby hole and you will see the plastic screw
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

5. Re: Retrofit Audi dynamic exhaust sound system to your A6 3.0 TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Dont pull the panel out form the bottom; imagine it being hinged along the bottom. The plastic screw is at the top inner edge. Put your head don on the boot floor and look up into the cubby hole and you will see the plastic screw
    Just been out to the car and can't see anything like a screw

20150928_202951.jpg20150928_202929.jpg

0 0 0

6. Re: Retrofit Audi dynamic exhaust sound system to your A6 3.0 TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    ok i understand yours is different now, i have the avant... the bottom section should be separate; ie the part where the power socket is. Unclip the metal net frame from the lower section and you should be able to squeeze out the frame. I cant say for sure as said earlier i have the avant. The bottom section should just pull upwards and out. Remember the lighter socket ill have its wire attached.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM

0 0 0

7. Re: Retrofit Audi dynamic exhaust sound system to your A6 3.0 TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    ok i understand yours is different now, i have the avant... the bottom section should be separate; ie the part where the power socket is. Unclip the metal net frame from the lower section and you should be able to squeeze out the frame. I cant say for sure as said earlier i have the avant. The bottom section should just pull upwards and out. Remember the lighter socket ill have its wire attached.
    I don't think the wire frame comes out easily. I unclipped the bottom and tried to pull out one of the ends, heard a snap as it came out. Gave up after that and put it back in.

0 0 0

8. Re: Retrofit Audi dynamic exhaust sound system to your A6 3.0 TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Read on another forum how to do it. I had to remove the cage from its bottom clips and then turn the clips 90 degrees. The whole panel came off and fitting the box took a few minutes.

Currently running the car on mode 5. The bang when you start the car only happens on mode 6, but that is way too loud to run on a day to day basis.

0 0 0

9. Re: Retrofit Audi dynamic exhaust sound system to your A6 3.0 TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I have been varying the modes a little to test what I am noticing... pretty sure that the car is staying in lower gears for longer, exactly like it would do if it was in S mode (rather than D).

Has anyone else noticed this?

0 0 0

10. Re: Retrofit Audi dynamic exhaust sound system to your A6 3.0 TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So how good is this? Comparable to Leo Magna?

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast