1. Re: Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Bad MPG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are you relying on the trip computer? Mine reads anything between 8-10 MPG low. I normally get mid-60s (brim to brim calculation) and the trip computer shows mid-50s. Mine ' a manual though.

Try a dose of millers or forte in the tank and see if that improves things.
    2016 Golf MK7 | 1.4 TSI R-Line 5dr | Limestone Grey | Import

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Bad MPG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollings View Post
    Are you relying on the trip computer? Mine reads anything between 8-10 MPG low. I normally get mid-60s (brim to brim calculation) and the trip computer shows mid-50s. Mine ' a manual though.

Try a dose of millers or forte in the tank and see if that improves things.

Thanks. Ill try that and report back. I am using the trip computer. Assuming 8-10mpg lower still means 43mpg so im getting 53mpg which isnt much different to my MK5 2.0 tdi dsg and that had tons of torque!

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Bad MPG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My golf 1.6tdi bluemotion dsg 7 speed is even worse 37 mpg with driving nice and slow one year ago 55+mpg this is driving in town 80% , car has 85k miles with full vw service from 2012 . I have driven it from Doncaster to Nottingham so 120 miles at 65-70 m/h and the average drop to 36mpg and the instant fuel consumption was 20-45 mpg . from the garage they said that their is nothing wrong with the car but that cant be right done over 20k miles with it in 3 years and never had av under 50mpg going on same route to work and back. Can anybody please advise me what to do to improve the fuel consumption ?

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Bad MPG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by james_tiger_woo View Post
    Try doing another run of 10-15 miles, using cruise control, if you can at 70mph - then do another run at 60mph.

I've found in my A3 (and a previous Golf) that anything about 75 will bring mpg down a fair bit.
    I've also found anything above 75-80 ( on speedo- not actually speeding officer)) does drastically increase the fuel consumption . Conversely anything below 65 will do wonders for the fuel consumption.
    MK6 Golf SE 1.6TDI 105bhp winter pack ,sunroof , full size alloy spare wheel, flat tyre indicator
    Skoda Octavia II SE 1.9PD TDI
    VW 1302LS Beetle Karmann Cabriolet 1971 1584cc

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Bad MPG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hills ?
    MK6 Golf SE 1.6TDI 105bhp winter pack ,sunroof , full size alloy spare wheel, flat tyre indicator
    Skoda Octavia II SE 1.9PD TDI
    VW 1302LS Beetle Karmann Cabriolet 1971 1584cc

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Bad MPG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No hills or bad traffic , on same daily trip from home to work since I brought the car 3 years ago . Had it serviced in august and since then the mpg drop from 50+ to 37 . had the DSG oil replaced coolant ,fuel filter, oil and oil filter, air filter and brake fluid . fuel filter and gearbox oil never been changed, same with coolant and brake fluid that is why I had them done all together with the regular service .
    all filter that I used are bosch , oil quantum 3 long life 5w 30 fully synthetic , dsg oil vw, coolant and brake fluid vw, liquid moly diesel purge used with the fuel filter change as the old filter was full of much . Any ideas what else can I do to improve mpg ?

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Bad MPG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    previous services had Castrol edge 5w30 long life fs . can it be the oil as I never used quantum before (I have a seat toledo same engine and seat garage are using quantum and they told me that is a good engine oil that is why I have used it on my golf as well ) . one of my friends have a phaeton 3l engine and that is doing about same mpg like my golf !!! Can anybody please help ? I love my golf and I like keeping the cars for 5 years that is why I will like to get it fix but if I cant will have to get rid of it ... not very happy with 1.6 tdi will go for 2.0 next time , got at work a transporter with 180k miles and goes like new never let us down .

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Bad MPG 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have done a trip like you said at 70 and one at 60 , at 70 the av went from 36.9 to 37 and at 60 the av gone from 37 to 37.2 . I am driving the car in town 80% so up to 50 m/h every day.
    last year when we been to France for a week done over 2000 miles and fuel consumption was 69.2 this is with 4 people in the car, roof box and boot loaded and I have been driving on national roads in France to avoid stupid motorway fees . It has been perfect on fuel till August last year but don't know why is bad on mpg now . Any other advice ? Thank you

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12