Warm car up and locate gearbox filler, take off fillerplug first. This was a 17mm sump plug on my 56 plate 2006 1.4 tdi . This allows you to fill the gearbox, so very important you do this before draining oil & your stuck with a car with no oil in gearbox
Skoda gearbox 1.JPG

The oil may well seep out at this point, but this allows air in to push the old oil out the draining plug.
skoda gearbox 2.JPG
After your sure its all drained, then put back in draining plug. I used a short piece of garden hose to go inside the filler plug hole and filled up with G60 Oil , upgraded from G50 as originally put in car. As soon as its coming out the hole, you know its ready.

I also placed a small screwdriver under the garden hose where it enters gearbox, this I felt it raises the hose ever so slightly to allow oil to seep out when its full. You don't have to do this, just my humble opinion when doing it.
Skoda gearbox 3.JPG
As you can see the Spec of G60 now recommended . I used around 1.5 litres at around £7.50 a litre from Skoda.

My car has 100,000 miles on it and was slightly grinding into 2nd gear the odd time, but was more tight than anything, hot or cold. I had realigned the gearbox linkage, while this improved matters 95% of the time, the oil change has made it 100% of the time in a slick, no noise experience in changing gear.

I hope this helps someone as using google, I couldn't see pictures of exactly how to do this & this was my first ever transmission oil change of any car. Some of my cars I have put 280,000 miles on them