1. Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could anybody tell me if the LED light cluster fitted on a 2015 A6 4G can be retrofitted with the dynamic light module available on the internet or are the dynamic light cluster fitted in the factory physically different ( although visually the same ).

Many thanks

Roger

0 0 0

2. Re: Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drrgriffiths View Post
    Could anybody tell me if the LED light cluster fitted on a 2015 A6 4G can be retrofitted with the dynamic light module available on the internet or are the dynamic light cluster fitted in the factory physically different ( although visually the same ).

Many thanks

Roger

I believe they can and somewhere on here is a post of someone who did it, but if I recall correctly it cost several hundred pounds

0 0 0

3. Re: Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Retrofit the matrix lights? That would be amazing if it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think drrgriffiths is referring to the Dynamic Rear Lights, with the swoosh indicators. There are a couple of companies offering these as aftermarket options.

The Matrix lights are a whole different kettle of fish. Their ECU is linked to your Sat Nav and they have sensors for detecting other vehicles in front (going in both directions and moving left to right). They also use the sat nav to detect the curve of the road. I'm sure it can be done but the cost would be eye watering. Fitting would be 'interesting' if the loom parts were missing.

That said, they are truly incredible to drive behind
    A6 Bi Turbo (320PS) Black Edition, Techno pack, Matrix lights, heavy right shoe. Sept 2015.

0 0 0

5. Re: Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I thought the op meant the front too. Wasn't the dynamic light module was created for the rear? There would be no need to ask… or am I missing something?

Anyway, if it’s for the rear then maybe someone with extensive experience of modding the original rear clusters and fitting the facelift units could advise. If only we had someone here like that

0 0 0

6. Re: Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Haha, I've done the tears and love them. The front on the A7 are 2 grand per side, plus a new bumper (as they are a different shape) plus paint, plus and looms, coding etc (if it's even possible)

Rears are easy though. Just plug and plau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

7. Re: Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, yes the dynamic light are the rear ones. My question is simply if the LED clusters fitted on a 2015 A6 that does not have factory fitted dynamic lights are the same ones fitted to a car that does. I have been in the process of purchasing the modules the update the light clusters to dynamic but have been advised to check they are dynamic capable.

Regards

Roger

0 0 0

8. Re: Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Audi A6 Rear LED Lights & Dynamic Indicators | Advanced In-Car

shows it's possible and fairly simple. But £££'s

0 0 0

9. Re: Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, that's who I was getting the control units off but they've asked me to check the LED clusters are the right ones before they send them out as there none refundable !!

0 0 0

10. Re: Dynamic lights cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drrgriffiths View Post
    Ah, that's who I was getting the control units off but they've asked me to check the LED clusters are the right ones before they send them out as there none refundable !!
    OK I think the question you are really asking is whether the SE (static) and S-Line (dynamic) cars have the same rear light cluster. Key will be whether the LEDs for the indicators on the SE are wired as one or individually. I would suggest the easiest option (as Partsbase does not yet go up to 2015) is to ask someone in the dealer parts department to check if the part numbers for the 2 units are the same or different.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast