1. Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Clearly at this stage it can only be speculation but all in all it sounds interesting although I remain to be convinced on the trend to using touch screens. If it is illegal to use a touch screen phone while driving why is it OK to use a touch screen in the car. In my experience it is much easier to find a button without looking down than it is to locate the right screen and then find the area to touch.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-a6-set-standard-large-audis

0 0 0

2. Re: Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Clearly at this stage it can only be speculation but all in all it sounds interesting although I remain to be convinced on the trend to using touch screens. If it is illegal to use a touch screen phone while driving why is it OK to use a touch screen in the car. In my experience it is much easier to find a button without looking down than it is to locate the right screen and then find the area to touch.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-a6-set-standard-large-audis

Agreed - I have just moved from a Mk 7 Golf with touch screen to my FL A6 and the user interface with the nav / radio / etc is one of the biggest areas of improvement I have noticed.

Ian

0 0 0

3. Re: Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have Audi poached Mr Fisker from AML (via Ford), that grille is very Aston-esq.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

4. Re: Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I really hope the C8 does not look like that when it's released, that looks awful.

0 0 0

5. Re: Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B5NUT View Post
    I really hope the C8 does not look like that when it's released, that looks awful.
    It does say "what the new A6 might look like" so assume it is an artists impression and real thing will be much toned down. I actually like it though!

Ian

0 0 0

6. Re: Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Touch screen is awful and old school tech.

Voice recognition will become much more integrated and eye contact (look at the item and click a thumb button to select) is the next tech to be developed.

0 0 0

7. Re: Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar Shaker View Post
    ...and eye contact (look at the item and click a thumb button to select) is the next tech to be developed.
    That's jolly futuristic, isn't it? It's just like being Dan Dare but for real.

There is one small fly in the techno-ointment though, and it's that it will mean wearing a pair of these in the car.

Now I don't know about you, but if I was given the choice between looking a bit of a chump or stopping in a layby to make a phone call or dig out the map book, I'd go for the latter every time.

0 1 0

8. Re: Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Lovely look that! Am I the lone voice in the wilderness that believes that we are tipping over the edge in terms of complexity and connectivity? we now live in a world where people are complaining about ability or otherwise to text, connect to facebook, recieve mail etc when on the move. frightening!
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 2 0

9. Re: Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, that may have been the latest iteration in 1972. Google glass was a bit less intrusive but there are mobile phone's that track your eye focus already out and tomorrow's tech will also do this in the car, without you wearing any eye wear.

Today's kit only exists because years ago people thought about what would be cool, then set about making it happen, as and when the technology allowed. Matrix headlights are a great example and would have been unthinkable tech only 3 years ago.

0 0 0

10. Re: Autocar Speculation on the C8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
    It does say "what the new A6 might look like" so assume it is an artists impression and real thing will be much toned down. I actually like it though!

Ian

I saw the Prologue Coupe (on which the artists impression is based) at Goodwood FoS and it actually looked a lot better in the metal than it did in various pictures I had seen before so there is hope that the A6 will look good when they have reverted to reality rather than creating Motor Show shock

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast