My son has just got a 2011 Audi A6 saloon (diesel) and I am having a lot of bother in getting his music to work via an SD card.

I have read through various posts on this but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer to the problem so I would like to try and see if someone has a positive answer.

To start with, all his music, 34 Gb worth, is on iTunes in MP3 format all of which has been ripped from his CD's so there should be no problem with DMR issues.
I am using a 64 Gb SD card which has been formatted in FAT32. I know it has been said that Audi recommend 32Gb cards but after reading some of the posts it has been said that a 64Gb card will work provided it is formatted in FAT32. I downloaded the appropriate software to do this with the links provided and I verified that all his music went onto the SD card.

Some previous postings say to just copy the iTunes folder while others say just copy the music folders from iTunes. I have tried both methods but cannot get things to work properly.

First problem is that some of the folders are missing when it comes to playing them back even though they are on the card. Second problem is that the music cannot be selected by artist, just by the album name.

I found out from his car media handbook that certain settings relating to the ID3 Tag can be changed to display related items and this has been done. However, this did not help.

Has anyone got a definitive answer for me please.