1. Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So my 64 plate A6 ultra has had inspection service and Adlue top up. One day later, Adblue warning message, no restart in 600 miles. Back to the Audi dealer, oh yeah, this is an issue with some of the 1St Ultras, so they change the Adblue sensor, doesn't clear it, I am now without the car for the weekend because they are now going to replace the Adblue pump!!
    Hope this solves it, anyone else experienced similar??

At least they've given me a lovely A4 s line quattro for the weekend!!

0 0 0

2. Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Can't say we have...ours is a 14 plate Ultra and touch wood all is fine. Refilled twice at around 7-7.5k mile intervals so far

Enjoy the A4 and fingers crossed all gets sorted with your 6

0 0 0

3. Re: Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so here we are 6 days later and it's still at the garage..they have apparently changed a number of parts and the fault won't clear..very poor communication from Nottingham Audi. Apparently they need to do some miles in it to clear down the fault! Voicemail left last night to say a technician had taken it home! Not happy at all about that...

Surely this should have been sorted by now?

0 0 0

4. Re: Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSpence View Post
    so here we are 6 days later and it's still at the garage..they have apparently changed a number of parts and the fault won't clear..very poor communication from Nottingham Audi. Apparently they need to do some miles in it to clear down the fault! Voicemail left last night to say a technician had taken it home! Not happy at all about that...

Not unusual for techs to take cars home if they need to replicate a problem - for example, hesitant when cold or something - but dont think they should to just put miles on it. Offer to take it back and put the miles on yourself and that you will return it if the fault light doesnt clear....

0 0 0

5. Re: Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

Know the feeling but i remember the tech actually took my A4 home as it was a longer run and helped them see the car from cold to warm...mind you I didn't realise it was a decent journey each way as I think it had just under 100 miles put on.

However it helped them diagnose and resolve the problem....

What's your relationship like with the After Sales team? Generally (shouldn't) but can help communications...

0 0 0

6. Re: Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So my 64 plate A6 ultra has had inspection service and Adlue top up. One day later, Adblue warning message, no restart in 600 miles.!
    Had exactly the same problem. Refilled the Adblue at home, a couple of days later I got the same Adblue fault. Into the garage, I was told it was the adblue injector that needed replacing. The part was on a 6WEEK!! backorder and the car was undrivable in the meantime. Given a basic A4 courtesy car.
    In the end the part took 3 weeks to turn up and all fine since.

All this was after I'd had the infamous gear box failure problem which resulted in the first car being rejected and returned and a new one ordered taking 5 months all in all.

Audi seem intent on testing my brand loyalty at every turn. I still love the car but I have to say...never again!

0 0 0

7. Re: Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Niamhad;977529]Had exactly the same problem. Refilled the Adblue at home, a couple of days later I got the same Adblue fault. Into the garage, I was told it was the adblue injector that needed replacing. The part was on a 6WEEK!! backorder and the car was undrivable in the meantime. Given a basic A4 courtesy car.
    In the end the part took 3 weeks to turn up and all fine since.

All this was after I'd had the infamous gear box failure problem which resulted in the first car being rejected and returned and a new one ordered taking 5 months all in all.

Audi seem intent on testing my brand loyalty at every turn. I still love the car but I have to say...never again![/QUOTEi

I picked my my brand new 12 miles on the clock A7 from the dealer last year, as I drove home we stopped for something to eat. On starting the car adblue warning came up 600 miles. Had to drive 60 miles back to the dealer. Turned out to be the pump.
    Audi A7 3.0 bitdi slide black edition, daytona grey, lunar silver seats. Options advanced key, tech pack, led interior lighting, 20inch titanium alloys.

0 0 0

8. Re: Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Got the Adblue error this morning. Fingers crossed that the dealer can take it in quickly and let me have a loan car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Update. Firstly top marks to Walton Audi who took the car in yesterday, although understandably there was no loan car available, and got the car back early this afternoon.

There was a fault code recorded for the Adblue system which would not clear following a reset and also after updating the software. Next step was to perform a recalibration of the system. This seemed to require topping up the Adblue tank and then driving the car until it decided to recalibrate itself. After about 15miles driving, the system did the recalibration and cleared the fault code and it remained clear. Fingers crossed that it was just a software glitch and it does not reoccur. The car was coming due for a service as well so they did that at the same time.

Had them also look at the well documented issue with the random nature of the AMI system to recognise a device is connected in case there was a software update available and not surprisingly it behaved itself the whole time they had the car, almost like the car knows where it is and that it must be on its best behaviour!

1 1 0

10. Re: Adblue fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Update. Firstly top marks to Walton Audi who took the car in yesterday, although understandably there was no loan car available, and got the car back early this afternoon.

There was a fault code recorded for the Adblue system which would not clear following a reset and also after updating the software. Next step was to perform a recalibration of the system. This seemed to require topping up the Adblue tank and then driving the car until it decided to recalibrate itself. After about 15miles driving, the system did the recalibration and cleared the fault code and it remained clear. Fingers crossed that it was just a software glitch and it does not reoccur. The car was coming due for a service as well so they did that at the same time.

Had them also look at the well documented issue with the random nature of the AMI system to recognise a device is connected in case there was a software update available and not surprisingly it behaved itself the whole time they had the car, almost like the car knows where it is and that it must be on its best behaviour!
    Great that you got it sorted. As an aside, by any chance do you know what the three symbols below the trip mileage mean?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast