Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I have a 2001 A6 2.5 Tdi AKN engine. I recently got the car going again after about 4 years sat on the drive.
    So I recharged the battery and fired her up. After about 30 secs the glow plug light was flashing.
    I read the faults and got the following:

Control Module Part No: 4B0 907 401 AE
    S/W Coding 01012

01318 Control Module for Interface Pump (J399)

34-10 No elaboration available
    intermittent

The car has done a genuine 43000 miles (I've had it from new). The engine starts up fine everytime and the engine runs as smooth as ever. I've tried clearing the fault but it keeps occurring.

The Rosstech site states the following:
    01318 - Control Module for Injection Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available

Possible Symptoms

• Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON

Possible Causes

• Control Module Software Issue

Special Notes

• When found on 2.5l V6 TDI, turn the key OFF, disconnect the car's battery for a few minutes, then re-connect it and try clearing faults again.

I've tried above with no success. As the car seems to run perfectly and with the comment above I'm hoping it's a mis-diagnosis. Anyone got any ideas? I'd be grateful of any help.
    I notice my Vagcom DTC says Interface pump whereas the Rosstech states Injector Pump. I'm thinking I copied it incorrectly.

Many thanks
    Ted

0 0 0

2. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    J399 module Built in the injection pump. Check for corrosion in electrical socket and plug on the injection pump

0 0 0

3. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Amiram. Will do.

0 0 0

4. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Actually a quick update, the car is running in limp home. Seems to be limiting revs but either way the power is way down. I was experiencing this for quite a while before the fault appeared. (Thought is was one of the usual low power 2.5 tdi issues - MAF, N75 or Crank filter).

0 0 0

5. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi, Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mines doing the same after 8 months of sitting on the drive.

0 0 0

6. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, No mine is still sitting on the drive awaiting my retirement next year when I'll dive into it. I've checked all the connections etc and they're like new. I've got a mate with a more professional OBD tool that I'll see whether he can clear it. My cheap one does nothing. The rosstech website says to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then clear the fault but that's no good if the fault has been latched so currently no idea. I would consider getting the cal data read, get a new control board fitted and then reflashing the cal data but need to find someone who will do this. Diesel Bob will probably be my first call but will search around. Let me know how you get on.

0 0 0

7. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    So I've gone into this a bit further. I removed the pump from the car and sat it on the bench. I made up a lead using a cheap and simple vagcom cable bought from an auction website rather than my genuine vagcom cable. I connected power and the data cables and was able to read out data from the PSG5 module sat on top of the pump. It read out things like the part numbers and other stuff, but when I tried to read the fault memory it came back reporting that it couldn't read the fault memory.

I suspect the problem lies within the PSG5 module rather than the pump.

There are a few pumps available on the auction site but so expensive hence the reason the cars been sat on the driveway for so long. The trouble is, I don't believe you can just buy a used pump and fit it to yours due to the need for the coding from the donor vehicle and the new vehicle. the other thing that concerns me, it appears that some of the pumps have just had a bit of a sandblasting making it look good.

I think I'm just going to have to wait and buy a refurbished pump at about the £550 mark.

Kind regards

Sean

0 0 0

8. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Sean

Sorry just picked up your reply (only 4 months late). How did you get on?
    I haven't done anything with mine yet.
    You do have to set up calibration data if you change the pump. As you say, I don't want to do that as no idea how good the replacement pump would be (also mine has done 47k from new so must be mechanically sound - hopefully!).

Did you get a replacement and get it fitted? Who did it and were you happy with their work?

Cheers
    Ted

0 0 0

9. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanious View Post
    So I've gone into this a bit further. I removed the pump from the car and sat it on the bench. I made up a lead using a cheap and simple vagcom cable bought from an auction website rather than my genuine vagcom cable. I connected power and the data cables and was able to read out data from the PSG5 module sat on top of the pump. It read out things like the part numbers and other stuff, but when I tried to read the fault memory it came back reporting that it couldn't read the fault memory.

I suspect the problem lies within the PSG5 module rather than the pump.

There are a few pumps available on the auction site but so expensive hence the reason the cars been sat on the driveway for so long. The trouble is, I don't believe you can just buy a used pump and fit it to yours due to the need for the coding from the donor vehicle and the new vehicle. the other thing that concerns me, it appears that some of the pumps have just had a bit of a sandblasting making it look good.

I think I'm just going to have to wait and buy a refurbished pump at about the £550 mark.

Kind regards

Sean

Coding is pretty cheap. They charged me 30 euro. They don't need the ECU of the car, just bring both pumps to the workshop who is doing the coding of the pump.

0 0 0

10. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi, further update, sorry it's been a while.

I've got hold of another PSG5 module from an auction site for 60 sheets, fitted it to the pump however the engine won't start due to the ECU inhibitting the start process. I did some googling and a suggestion was to get hold of VAG-tacho to read out the pin code if the ecu/dash. I need the pin so that VCDS can code the pump to my immobiliser. Turns out Vag-Tacho is unable to do it, so wasted my money there. The fault J399 seems to have dissapeared from the log, but the inhibitted message in now there. I'll keep you posted on the progress. I hope to have it finished by the end of next week. I've taken leave especially to get to the bottom of this.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast