Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Where could I get the PSG5 modules coded for 30 sheets?

Sean

0 0 0

2. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Ok, so I finally managed to sort this out.

I knew that the original PSG 5 module on the pump was U/S as the main ECU was reporting J399 errors. I took a risk and bought a second hand PSG5 module on the bay for £60. Having fitted this and bled the system over and over again it still wouldn't start. I knew this module would need to be adapted to the car and as such the IMMO PIN was needed by VCDS. I must admit, I must have done at least two days research into how this was done and so ended up buying an EEPROM (EZP2010) reader from the bay.

What I did then was remove the ECU (EDC15VM+), open it up, de-solder the flash (24C04) and fit it to my new reader. I loaded the software (EZP2010_V3.0), selected the correct EEPROM, read the data out and then saved it. I then ran a different piece of software (EDC15CALC.exe), loaded the saved file and within a second retrieved my PIN code. Having retrieved the code, I soldered the chip back onto the board and fitted it back to the car.

I ran VCDS with the replacement PSG5 module fitted, ran VCDS with my PIN, adapted the PSG5 module, but the car would not start. What was also interesting is that there was no smell of unburnt fuel either which made me think that the injectors were not injecting at all despite fully bleeding the system.

I then connected the PSG 5 module directly to my PC via a K-line interface and read out the data from the module using VP44.exe and it came up with 4 faults. It is now obvious that what I bought was already faulty. I wasn't going to risk any more money on untested parts so ended up going on a 4 hour round trip to buy a fully reconditioned pump (059130106M) complete with new PSG5 module, new seals and Bosch calibration certificate. I fitted it, bled it, adapted it and now it finally runs like a dream. It even sounds better.

Sooooooooooo pleased.

Sean

0 1 0

3. Re: 01318 - Control Module for Interface Pump (J399): No Elaboration Available 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    How much did you pay for the pump? Did you prime it with fuel?
    btw, great job!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12