Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I'm just about to change my order with Audi for an A6 S-Line Avant 272ps for delivery in December, to an A7 S-Line 272ps with October delivery - can't wait that long for the A6 as I've sold my car.

I'm omitting the no-cost Sports Suspension option on the A7, as I prefer a softer ride. The other no-cost option is Dynamic Suspension, which I'm considering. According to Audi's blurb, the dynamic suspension components are constructed from aluminium and offers better driving dynamism. No mention though about firmness or ride height; if it lowers the suspension, I'll have to delete it. Before I tick this box, can anyone out there please explain to me what difference this dynamic suspension makes to the ride, as the salesman seemed rather vague about this.

Also, 20-inch wheels are a no-cost option (big surprise there!). It's a tempting option, as it seems to suit the car. The question is, would the 20's present a significantly harder ride over the 19-inch wheels?

Park Assist - is it worth the £800 lump? Most of the reviews recommend the rear view camera because of the poor rear visibility, and park assist is required for this addition.

Overall, with current discounts available on the A7, it represents such considerably better value over the A6. Speccing the A6 to the same equipment level as the A7 in standard guise takes the price over by around 2%: go figure!
    Last edited by estwick; 01-09-2015 at 05:37 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: New A7 272ps purchase 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I'm on 20s with standard suspension and it's normally fine but in the odd really bumpy road it's too harsh. I think the mix of 20s and normal suspension is a perfect mix for me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: New A7 272ps purchase 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well I'm on my second A7 with 19" wheels with Sport Suspension.

I specifically wanted that config as it gives a good combination of ride and handling and it doesn't suffer aqua planning as bad as the 20" (the 20" having a wider profile).

I also have 19" winter tyres I stick on for half of the year - highly recommended to do that. I got 4 tyres for circa £600 - cheaper than the all-season/summer tyres and means that I split wear between summer tyres and winter one whilst getting the best grip / handling to suit the season.

Driving in snow last season was a blast - it could go anywhere and gave me a big smile (especially when others were stuck spinning their wheels and I'd drive past well under control (and tailsliding round corners under power :-)

0 0 0

4. Re: New A7 272ps purchase 
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, think I'll go with the 19's on standard suspension. The obscure profile on the 20's seems to offer much less tyre choices.

0 0 0

5. Re: New A7 272ps purchase 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Forget assist and go for parking pack plus. Best option on mine.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: New A7 272ps purchase 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That's an extra £310 for just adding a front camera; I thought that's what a windscreen is for.
    2016 Audi A7 S-Line 272ps, Daytona Grey.
    Hers - 2011 Audi A1 1.4TFSI S-Tronic sport: supremely competent little car.
    Gone -
    2014 Porsche Panamera Diesel, 2006 A6 2.7tdi Q Avant, 2002 A6 2.4 Avant.

0 0 0

7. Re: New A7 272ps purchase 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Parking with the top view (front, back and side cameras) is so easy I can park A6 easier than I can park wife's mini. Good for keeping an eye on the wheels vs kerbs too. I don't much like the auto parking though.

0 0 0

8. Re: New A7 272ps purchase 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info on the parking pack plus option; I didn't realise it offered a panoramic view of the car when parking. I've now added it to my order.
    2016 Audi A7 S-Line 272ps, Daytona Grey.
    Hers - 2011 Audi A1 1.4TFSI S-Tronic sport: supremely competent little car.
    Gone -
    2014 Porsche Panamera Diesel, 2006 A6 2.7tdi Q Avant, 2002 A6 2.4 Avant.

0 0 0

9. Re: New A7 272ps purchase 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good move. I hate parking cars without it now. It is a bit of cash but most used gadget on mine. I just need to figure out how to raise the maximum activation speed as it's quite usefulfor getting through gaps but cuts out above 5mph(ish).

0 0 0