1. Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Interestingly the buttons saga...mentioned this to wife and she said the Silverstone test cars had them - so we're there for pre launch models by all accounts.

I actually remember the conversation where she said what happens if I push the SOS button

0 1 0

2. Re: Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My Q7 is due to go into production next week. Really hoping it comes with the car play but at the moment I'm not very hopeful.
    All the reviews I read mentioned it so it seems strange it's now being omitted.
    Audi smartphone interface was not an option I came across.

Also kicking myself a little at not speccing the bose sound system. Is the standard one at least passable?
    Thanks

0 0 0

3. Re: Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB7 View Post
    My Q7 is due to go into production next week. Really hoping it comes with the car play but at the moment I'm not very hopeful.
    All the reviews I read mentioned it so it seems strange it's now being omitted.
    Audi smartphone interface was not an option I came across.

Also kicking myself a little at not speccing the bose sound system. Is the standard one at least passable?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately my guess is that it won't come..what's the bet it'll be launched alongside the e-tron version!!

Can't say I've heard the standard speakers but am guessing it'll be just fine so worry not 🏼

0 0 0

4. Re: Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Unfortunately my guess is that it won't come..what's the bet it'll be launched alongside the e-tron version!!

Can't say I've heard the standard speakers but am guessing it'll be just fine so worry not 🏼
    Apparently the option for smartphone interface has become an option from this month. You apparently cannot get it retrofitted.

I have told them that I won't accept the vehicle without that option added as the marketing was misleading. It will be interesting to see if they will find a way to get it added.

Fighting them hard on this as I made it clear at time of order that I wanted this option. I run a smartphone app company. So need to play.

Does anyone know how apps like Google Music and Spotify work through MMI. Can you navigate through playlists rather than previous and next.

Thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Coincidentally I spoke to my dealer today who confirmed Smartphone interface is now an option (around Ł380 I think he said) He was unsure on retrofit. He asked what I wanted to do and offered to place a new order for me as my current order goes into production week 42 which I think is next week, and can't be changed.

Annoyed it's not included as standard in the tech pack along with the other phone options.
    Not sure if I'll push for it or not at the moment.

0 0 0

6. Re: Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Coincidentally I spoke to my dealer today who confirmed Smartphone interface is now an option (around Ł380 I think he said) He was unsure on retrofit. He asked what I wanted to do and offered to place a new order for me as my current order goes into production week 42 which I think is next week, and can't be changed.

Annoyed it's not included as standard in the tech pack along with the other phone options.
    Not sure if I'll push for it or not at the moment.
    I got told today that there is a 20-22 week wait on new orders. Been told it's a cable and that's about it so far. Might keep it and then flog it when the new economic friendly one comes. Still trying to find out more information.

0 0 0

7. Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444922946.206197.jpg

Damn you Audi!!

Picture hasn't uploaded clearly but it's in Oct brochure at Ł350 option

Description mentions connection via USB so wonder whether it's software only or hardware in background?

0 0 0

8. Re: Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thats really annoying and disappointing to be honest. Is it also part of any packs in the new brochure? Trying to work out if there's any chance of it appearing on mine with the technology pack ordered.

0 0 0

9. Re: Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Thats really annoying and disappointing to be honest. Is it also part of any packs in the new brochure? Trying to work out if there's any chance of it appearing on mine with the technology pack ordered.
    Can't see it as part of tech pack which is very strange

Also some new 20 & 21 inch wheels introduced with the 20s going up in price

0 0 0

10. Re: Apple CarPlay 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cheers for the info. Doesn't sound like much of a chance of it being included on mine.
    I just presumed it was standard when I ordered as all the reviews and promotional material made a point of mentioning it. It was only this thread that showed that not to be the case.

0 0 0

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast