Hi all, am new here and could do with some advice!!!

Took the car for a long 2 day journey, over 1000 miles and am now in Poland with the family for the next few weeks

Day 1 was fine, didn’t notice anything BUT on day 2 the aircon started playing up. Been driving for a while, OK, the conditions outside were warm (both days around 35 degrees) but the aircon, regardless of setting was blowing hot air only……. Had it on low, but nothing cold coming out and in the back really nothing at all. As you can imagine, driving in excess of 600 miles in that heat with a small baby I was not impressed…..

We stopped for a 20 min break, switched everything off and then once we started again, the aircon on low was working perfectly BUT this again only lasted a while, I would say one hour and then again, blowing hot air

Am really annoyed and frustrated – I didn’t expect a new car to have to be switched off after an hour to get decent aircon!

problem with gas in the system (leakage or not enough) or problem simply because of outside temperature? If the 2nd point, then what a waste of time it is to have aircon - I want to be able to set low and feel low, not just be dictated to outside temperature

appreciate any advice!