1. Re: Parking Brake Failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    I am presuming all the coding and basic settings were performed with engine OFF, ignition ON and a battery charger connected to maintain the pre-requisite voltages?

There is a view that the best results when setting basic settings is in this order: G251,G200,G201,(G202 if required) and then G85 and perform an initialization drive. Make sure your doing this on a completely level surface. If all is clear or before doing your G85 re-learn run a basic settings for the rear brake calipers let them cycle through, wait the pre-requisite 30 secs after they stop before closing the controller. Some have repeated the basic settings as it does not always take first time (or even a few times or more) before they have been successful.

Some who have given up and taken their cars to VW said it took 15 minutes by the dealer who simply followed the standard VAS diagnostic plan without any issues. It may be that the Ross Tech VCDS basic settings routine for a 3C- car may not be entirely correct for some models in the 3C- model range.

I say give it another go perhaps in the order above and see if it takes.

Hth.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

1 1 0

2. Re: Parking Brake Failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply Mitch.

The engine was running during the procedure, is that a nono then ?

We followed the Ross-Tech advised order, which is different from your recomendation.

I will see if we can try again.

0 0 0

3. Re: Parking Brake Failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Engine off, IGN on (lights on dash) Not had any problem with the Ross-Tech procedure myself though... ('06MY)
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

4. Re: Parking Brake Failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    FIXED.

I owe you one Mad Mitch.
    We followed your advice to set basic settings for the G251 sensor first & it took it ok.
    Went back to the G200 & it still showed " error - not available ", but I happened to glance at the dash & to my astonishment the Parking Brake alarm had gone, so had the stability alarm.
    So my theory is the G251 & G200 sensors are a single unit & basic setting for the G251 does both sensors.

I took it for a spin around the block & all is still ok, except that the Autohold doesn't function, not bothered as I didn't use it anyway.
    But I am thinking it may just need a function test run on the Parking Brake to restore it.

The main thing at the moment is to get it past the MOT before I do anything else.

So I think the sequence of the problem went like this :-

I left the car at the airport car park for a week.
    When I got back the battery was low ( as far as I know it was the original 7 year old battery but always started the car 1st time every time ) which triggered the flakey Parking Brake software & the 02845 fault code. ( I am wondering if the same guy wrote this software as the notorious emissions software ) LOL.

I obtained a 2nd hand J540 Parking Brake Module which cleared the 02845 fault code, just couldn't get basic settings restored for the G200/ G251 because Ross-Tech's order to do things was G200 1st.

Once the G251 Basic Setting was done everything was restored.

So I have now fitted a new battery & hope to avoid a re-occurrence of the problem, as the replacement PB Module still of course has the same flakey software.

So a big thank you to Mitch & of course everyone else who contributed to trying to find a solution.

0 0 0

5. Re: Parking Brake Failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have a trouble with EPB. The Button's part number is 3C0927225B. It functions well. But there is no auto-hold and ESP. The buzzer sounds every ignition. Yellow brake light is on. I went to the vw service. They installed the button with the c series but the problem did not go away. So i did not bought newest button. They said there might be a problem with the parking brake module. If there is a tpi they will update it but the module is under the gearbox. I don't like this if it needs to be removed
    I read all masseges. But no perfect solution has mentioned. Has anyone got tpi update 2021874? If yes could you post me to drozia@gmail.com thanks

SM-N910C cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    Last edited by drozia; 02-02-2020 at 10:24 PM.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123